Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
borrowed this book from a buddy "Sport Riding Techniques- How to develop real world skills for speed, safety,and confidence on the street and track"by Nick Ienatsch (foreword by kenny roberts) i think this book is a must for any one who wants to learn some more about riding

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another good book is Keith Codes Twist of the Wrist II. It's a must read for anyone who wants to become a better rider and start track riding or racing.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
BMF beat me to it. Twist of the Wrist II is a great book. It really teaches alot.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The only thing I dont like about recommending TOTW is that it isnt a street riding book, its a track book. It covers nothing about dealing with cars. Dont get me wrong, I have had the book since it first came out but new riders need to understand it wont help with day to day street riding as much as David Hough's or Nick's books will.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has anyone read MSF Guide to Motorcycling Excellence?

Description: MSF Guide to Motorcycling Excellence
Base Price: $20.00
Details: In a clear, engaging style with detailed diagrams and extensive full-color photographs and illustrations, the book covers rider attitude, protective riding gear, pre-ride inspection, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as basic and advanced street skills. Tips on how to create a “space cushion” to avoid traffic hazards; stop quickly; countersteering and counterweightning; manage traction; position your body for smoother, more consistent riding; travel skillfully and safely in a group; maneuver effectively and efficiently in off-highway riding; and much more, are included. The new edition also features advice from legendary racers Kevin Schwantz, Freddie Spencer, Nick Ienatsch, Rich Oliver, and Reg Pridmore, as well as contributions from Erik Buell on motorcycle geometry, Keith Code on countersteering, and Paul Thede on suspension adjustment, among other experts. 192 pages.

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
Holy dead thread batman!

I think this topic has been covered more than enough in the three years since this thread has been touched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts