Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a first sport bike. I am about 5'4 and 125lbs. I sat on my friend's F4i and it was a little to tall and just seemed sort of big all around. Would I be better off with something like a ninja 650r or an sv650 or would I be fine on another bike if I had it lowered a few inches? Let me know any specific bikes that are better suited for smaller riders. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I just got my girlfriend her first bike. It's a Buell Blast. She's about your height and she can flat foot it. Fun little bike to ride as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been looking at the '08 and up Ninja 250's for awhile as well as the 300's. I'm not sure if it is worth the extra money for the 300.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Buy used. You don't get hit with the initial depreciation and when you're ready to move up, you can usually sell for almost what you bought it for. Some get lucky and sell for more, depends on the deal you run across or can score.

Also, you'll be less pissed when you drop it and scratch it. Shit happens, especially when you're learning.

It's your first bike, most likely not your last.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Of the 650's that are available as "starter" bikes the Ninja 650 seems to have the lowest and most comfortable seat height.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The Ninja 250 is well suited for smaller riders like you. No need to lower it. You should be able to touch with both feet, at least on the balls of your feet if not flat foot.

Even if you can't touch with both feet, you should learn to only put one foot down instead of lowering the bike.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Once you get some experience on a proper starter bike, something like the F4i won't seem so tall. I'm not that tall and it doesn't bother me that I can't flat-foot at a stop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts