Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm from Glasgow KY and I've been exploring my area and over the next few weeks I've decided to map out a 200mile twistie filled "hopefully" trip for everyone who cares to join. I'm gonna work on it for the end of august, by then I'll have an exact route I wanna take and maybe get some good weather.

Expectations
If your scared of your bike I might suggest you not follow me "90mph tank rider" I'm not gonna squid you in a curve and wreck the crew, but I know what my bike is capable of and better believe i'll be runnin it.

Stunters please try to stay in the back of the pack, for if you dump your ride I'd hope you dont dump the crew.

Everyone is welcome, dont care what state or what you ride, if you can handle it and wanna ride your welcome.

Helmets are required, dont care what you do in your home town, but I'm not looking at any brains on the ride.

Fun ----- god damnit have fun, no bitching .......

more will come as I start to organize it, I'll post updates along the way. Any suggestions are welcome.

Steve aka "LuCkY"

·
Registered
359 Posts
Steve, that sounds like a plan but KY is a farely good sized state to try and round up everyone here; I'm here in Lexington and I'd like to meet up with japbike who is in Bowling Green........

Frank

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
at the end of Aug. I'm going to be in Florida @ Jennings for a track day. so bummer for me and not going on this ride. But may I suggest that you run to Mikes and see about a map that they have that maps out alot of the KY roads also included are TN, and NC. it's about $7 and it's a sweet deal for what it contains. It also has way stations, resting points, and the such.

Hope that helps..

and Frank, we need to get together and ride soon.. :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
and Frank, we need to get together and ride soon.. :D
jb,
Anytime girl; I'd love to ride down there to BG, but I'm not too familiar with the area.....maybe we could meet halfway??? btw, did ya check out the pics I posted in the "Post yer ugly mug" thread???

Frank

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I don't know the roads either, thats what makes it fun! :D I just find some #'ed roads and start there, if I get lost I just ask where I need to go to get home. :D makes for a long day! but it's all good, I'm on my bike and with friends, that's all that matters.

Yup, sure did Frank.. and WoooHoooo cutie you are!! :D:D

·
Registered
359 Posts
jb, thanks and I'm all ablush; how about some close up pics of yourself??

Frank

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
don't really have a close up, but I just posted "Post your ugly mug" thread.. my sad face can be had there..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm in Lexington also, but I'd be interested in meeting up as long as there was enough advance notice. Work and school take up all my time. Spending an entire day riding would be hard unless I had time to plan for it.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Riding the backroads east of I65 north to hgw 44 south of Louisville and then the back roads west of I65 should be a really nice ride.The hgw 44 is about 1/2hr ride with a lot really sweet curves.

I've never lived there but my daughter used to live in E-town.This is how I know the roads around there.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Chris,
Have you ridden out to Banana's Tavern in Clark Co.?? Every Thursdays, at around 4:30, a group called the Thursday Nite Riders meet there.....sportbikes, cruisers, tourers, and so on.......

Anyways, shoot me an email, I'll ride with ya!!

Frank

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nope, haven't been out there yet. Several friends have invited me but I always seem to have something going on. This Thurs. I've got to take my girl to Comedy off Broadway....but I might try to go next week.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Dude, take your girl along; you can stay as long as you like, and then go back to Lexington to Lexington Green after.....oh and they have music, beer, and burgers.....

Frank

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, my Thurs night just opened up. I guess I could head down there with you all. As long as you don't mind riding with someone fairly new to the sport. I'm not an idiot.....ie, I won't be out speeding/riding beyond my capabilities so I might have a hard time keeping up. If that's not a problem...sure I'll go. Who else do you ride with? What time do you leave? Meet up where? Fill me in and I'll check in later tonight or tomorrow during the day.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Chris, where in Lexington are you?? I'll be leaving my place about 4:30 tomorrow. If you want to hook up and ride along, meet me at my place around that time.

I live right off of Turkeyfoot Rd. and Alumni Dr., 1121 Turkeyfoot Rd. If you head out Alumni Drive past Tates Creek Road, you'll pass three streets and come to an intersection of Turkeyfoot Road and Alumni Drive, just before the intersection of Alumni and Chinoe Road so you'll make a right on Turkeyfoot. You'll pass a cul-de-sac on your left and Gray Hawk on your right; as you go down further, you'll come up on two rows of townhome buildings called "Turkeyfoot Place" on your left. Turn there and you'll see a silver CRX parked on the far left end, and a black Suzuki RF900 next to it.

Frank

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't live all too far from you. Right around the Tates Creek Rd/Man O' War area. I've got college registration today, but I'll try to make it over by 4:30. If not you should still come over and say what's up while we're down there. I'm 6'2 w/ black hair. I'm wearing a white polo w/ a black stripe across the chest and blue jeans. I'll be riding a blue YZF600R. I guess I'll either see you at 4:30 or down there. Take care. :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry I didn't make it by your place Frank. I was in the back of the line of about 400 students registering....waited an hour just so the could send me to another line w/ 200+ people. Got there at 2 and didn't get out until 5:30. I did go down to the river though at about 8. Cops cleared out about 8:30 or so....don't know if you were still there. Anyway, sorry I missed the ride down. I'll send you a pm after I'm done writing this in case you want someone to ride around town with sometime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi i'm new to this site, but love the thursday nite rides..i live in lexington and ride with3-10 bikes on thursdays..unfortunetly i just laid my bike over(98 cbr f3) in harrodsburg a couple of days ago., avoided some brush in a curve..but would like to hook up with some of you soon..i know the weather won't last much longer.keep me posted..thanx, Billy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts