Sport Bikes banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about. 600's are not any more dangerous than a 500 especially if you have 4000 miles of experience. I have a little over 4000 on my 600 and I have 1/8th inch chicken strips and drag my knee at the track, seriously miles have nothing to do with skill, just cause some guy buys a goldwing and rides it accross the country 30,000 miles per year does not mean he can ride a sportbike worth a damn.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Meh2u said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. 600's are not any more dangerous than a 500 especially if you have 4000 miles of experience. I have a little over 4000 on my 600 and I have 1/8th inch chicken strips and drag my knee at the track, seriously miles have nothing to do with skill, just cause some guy buys a goldwing and rides it accross the country 30,000 miles per year does not mean he can ride a sportbike worth a damn.
exactly! you said it bro. an older co-worker of mine got over 40k miles on his BMW boxer and he rides like a ***, still couldn't shift right.

·
Registered
454 Posts
predator_zx10r said:
not surprise from this bastard.

hey RACER X, i move upto zx10 from 600 with only couple hundred miles. you bastard.

i now have over 5000 miles on it and my chances of surviving this season is good.
Watch the flames, man.

Ninja, Congrats on the new bike. I won't preach to you because at least you started on a 500.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
predator_zx10r said:
not surprise from this bastard.

hey RACER X, i move upto zx10 from 600 with only couple hundred miles. you bastard.

i now have over 5000 miles on it and my chances of surviving this season is good.
OMG OMG OMG! YOU REALLY HAVE 5000 MILES?? MAN! WOW! YOU MUST BE ABLE TO BEAT ROSSI BY NOW!

I don't know what makes you think having 5000 miles on a ZX-10R makes your chances of surviving the summer any better than if you had 10 miles on it. Someone could decide to ruin your chances by pulling out in front of you, and OOPSIE, your lack of experience on handling emergency situations just got you killed and/or ruined your shiny new $11k bike. Check the attitude before you get back on the bike, or you will regret it eventually.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Meh2u said:
As much as I love the track and getting my knee down that isn't what it's all about. If you do 4000 miles on the track, sure, you are gonna be pretty good at the track, but that's not gonna help you to know how to get out of an emergency situation on the street. It works vice-versa too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
RACER: Eat a dick :twofinger

Ya I am going to be selling the 500, but most likely wont be for a couple months. Im deploying to the Mid-east in a week (Air Force) and it wont be paid off till I get back. But when I get back I am going to be selling it. Thanks to all for the congrats.

Susser Tod: The RR is plenty, I rode a gixxer 750, and it didnt feel much different, as far a pick up and such, Im sure it probably has a higher top end. But I have no need to be doing 170. Then I rode an '04 R1, and that was too much power, the RR will def. satisfy my wants, and if I want more later, I can always add some upgrades, just added a Two Bro's racing exhaust after I bought it.

Japbike: Im paying $6,000 for the RR, so you see, I couldnt pass that up...

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
QwikNinja said:
Ya I am going to be selling the 500, but most likely wont be for a couple months. Im deploying to the Mid-east in a week (Air Force) and it wont be paid off till I get back. But when I get back I am going to be selling it. Thanks to all for the congrats.
Congrats on your new bike and watch out for those camel spiders.....check your sleeping bag or cot before you get in it. Oh...and Raid doesn't work...it just makes them very angry :twofinger

·
Registered
307 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...what the hell are chicken strips ???

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Leave him alone. The guy says he's in Witchita, KS. If that's true, he could justify a blown & bottle-fed Hyabusa, as there's not a curve in KS and once out of town's limits, he could run WFO in just about any direction without hitting a damn thing; except for perhaps some cow crap.

·
Registered
402 Posts
My first bike was an FZR 600...then I wanted to go big, but I didn't so 2nd bike was another FZR 600. Put around 12K iles on it in a 2 year period. Made the jump to a CBR 900RR, whew, like two diferent things. Just put in some "easy" learing time on the RR and you'll be OK. Never underestimate how fast a bike will kill you...it may go 0-60 in 3.2, but you can go from 120 to dead in .08secs. THat is the best color combination on that puppy too, yellow/black rules.
Phil

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
CBR Gurlie said:
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...what the hell are chicken strips ???
:eek: :gheyfight any ways excellent choice ont the rr Qwik be carefull

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
CBR Gurlie said:
It's those 3 inch shiny strips on the sides of your back tires because some people are scarred to lean into a turn. Don't go and try and get them off today. You're gonna wreck. J/K :twofinger

Where you at in MD?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
It's those 3 inch shiny strips on the sides of your back tires because some people are scarred to lean into a turn.
And, remember, if your bike never sees the track it's always a good idea to ride on the street as if you were. [/sarcasm off] If a bike never leaves the street it better damn well have chicken strips, or you're just being reckless taking corners at full tilt.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
It's those 3 inch shiny strips on the sides of your back tires because some people are scarred to lean into a turn. Don't go and try and get them off today. You're gonna wreck. J/K :twofinger

Where you at in MD?

Well my bike doesn't have em'...never did....I'm in Annapolis.... :D

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
TheWraith said:
And, remember, if your bike never sees the track it's always a good idea to ride on the street as if you were. [/sarcasm off] If a bike never leaves the street it better damn well have chicken strips, or you're just being reckless taking corners at full tilt.
In general I don't think riding on the street to the point a rider scrubs his tire would be considered reckless by any means if he is a good rider.

I know some turns that are safe that I ride every time I ride without any danger to myself or others. You don't have to be going 70 to scrub your tires all the way. You could do a figure 8 in a parking lot and scrub them down. I guess I'm not scrubbing them like you may think. I still have plenty on the front tire just not the back. I think everyone has them if they do any street riding. They come back after a few miles anyway. [/highjack off]

·
Writer of Wrongs
3,633 Posts
Nobody give these new 600's any respect. I'm like some other ppl, you probably need more seat time on the 500. It's your decision. Good luck and ride safe

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
plurry said:
Nobody give these new 600's any respect. I'm like some other ppl, you probably need more seat time on the 500. It's your decision. Good luck and ride safe
Agreed

I've got one those pokey 600RR's.It'll go from 0 to 160 in less than 15 seconds and no street legal 500 is gonna do that.But hey,some of these boneheads have it all figured out.

·
Registered
681 Posts
ice1cube said:
but you see most people aren't ex racers or even want to be racers...honestly i have never even ridden my bike in the way you describe and i have never thought about it...i don't have time to go to track days and i definitely would not dream about riding that way on the street

if you can manage a bike for a few thousand miles without dropping it, wouldn't it be harmless just to move on to a b***** bike? it's not like you'd be making newbie mistakes where i could see a smaller bike being justifiable
By your logic here, you'll never NEED more than what you already have. That's just the point......he doesn't NEED the bike yet, so he should put on more miles on the 500. If he wants to improve in ways you can't imagine/want to do for yourself, he needs more time with the 500 to do so.

WANT is a whole diffferent story.....and involves EGO which can and WILL get you in trouble faster than you can think it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts