Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3,780 miles, Im finally getting a new bike. Time to step up from the 500. Im buying a 2003 CBR600RR from a friend who has given up on riding. Bright yellow with 800 miles on it. I took it out yesterday, 80 miles in about a 4 hour span. That bike is so sweet. I dont need anymore power than what this bike has. Can wait to get her. Just thought I would share....
 

·
what R you lookin' at?
Joined
·
5,313 Posts
IMO, you need to get more miles on the 500........

but congrats either way.
 

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
Joined
·
5,894 Posts
4,000 miles!!!

Wow, that is a lot of riding experience! I think you should get a liter bike, the 600 is too small for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,240 Posts
^^^^^^hahahah!! smarta$$.. hahahah!!!

anyway, congrats on the bike. Good for you for going with the best, a Honda! But I'm with a few other ppl, you really don't have enough time in the saddle to be getting a 600RR. It might be a little over your head.

What are you paying for it?

RIDE RED!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike, and like the other's said you might want to put some more miles on the 500 before you put some time on the 600.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
80 miles in a 4 hour span??? Were you riding at about 20mph??? That's not a lot of miles in that length of time--20 miles in 1 hour???

anyway congrats on the bike....you know you can gas it a bit to go faster and get some miles under your belt :twofinger
 

·
Suzuki 3000GT
Joined
·
2,107 Posts
Congratulations!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
RSixxygrl said:
80 miles in a 4 hour span??? Were you riding at about 20mph??? That's not a lot of miles in that length of time--20 miles in 1 hour???

I was thinking about that too, but congrats man, have fun with it
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
519 Posts
Yo! QuikNinja, are you going to be putting your 500 up for sale any time soon now that you are getting that kick ass CBR?

I might be interested. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
i'm just curious since i have a 500 also...what kind of riding did your 4000 miles consists of mostly?

and for you veterans, how much experience do you guys recommend before stepping up? honestly i don't see the harm in going up after 4000 miles?
 

·
I own license2ill
Joined
·
5,679 Posts
ice1cube said:
i'm just curious since i have a 500 also...what kind of riding did your 4000 miles consists of mostly?

and for you veterans, how much experience do you guys recommend before stepping up? honestly i don't see the harm in going up after 4000 miles?
In 4,000 miles most people still have 2" chicken strips and still can't hold a line wort shit. And when you are bouncing the needle off the redline constantly and running out of gears in turns then you probably need to step up. I will put around 10-12 thousand miles a year and it snows 6 months out of the year. So 4,000 miles is about one month of riding if that. You still don't know what that bike will do.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
72 Posts
RACER X said:
IMO, you need to get more miles on the 500........

but congrats either way.
not surprise from this bastard.

hey RACER X, i move upto zx10 from 600 with only couple hundred miles. you bastard.

i now have over 5000 miles on it and my chances of surviving this season is good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
dennisred69 said:
In 4,000 miles most people still have 2" chicken strips and still can't hold a line wort shit. And when you are bouncing the needle off the redline constantly and running out of gears in turns then you probably need to step up. I will put around 10-12 thousand miles a year and it snows 6 months out of the year. So 4,000 miles is about one month of riding if that. You still don't know what that bike will do.
but you see most people aren't ex racers or even want to be racers...honestly i have never even ridden my bike in the way you describe and i have never thought about it...i don't have time to go to track days and i definitely would not dream about riding that way on the street

if you can manage a bike for a few thousand miles without dropping it, wouldn't it be harmless just to move on to a b***** bike? it's not like you'd be making newbie mistakes where i could see a smaller bike being justifiable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,164 Posts
dennisred69 said:
In 4,000 miles most people still have 2" chicken strips and still can't hold a line wort shit. And when you are bouncing the needle off the redline constantly and running out of gears in turns then you probably need to step up. I will put around 10-12 thousand miles a year and it snows 6 months out of the year. So 4,000 miles is about one month of riding if that. You still don't know what that bike will do.

good post. I think i may have stepped up to a liter bike a little too fast. I have about 15000 under my belt in the past 2.5 years.

I know a guy who doesn't ride much, but when he does he is part of our group. he has 5 years down, and less mileage than I do. he can't hold a line for shit, always rides way to the back of our pack, and thinks he needs to step up too.

predator_zx10r said:
not surprise from this bastard.

hey RACER X, i move upto zx10 from 600 with only couple hundred miles. you bastard.

i now have over 5000 miles on it and my chances of surviving this season is good.
ah damnit. I can't call you an idiot here.
to quote someone's signature "that would violate the rules of SBN"

i have to admit, I don't know shit yet compaired to some of the guys I ride with. But when I had 5000 miles under my belt I felt like a king too. Every day now, I think about how i might end up not coming home after this ride, and what I can do while i'm out to improve myself as a rider.

You making a asshole comment like that just defines you as the jackass you are.

opps, that just typed itself in.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
72 Posts
mgranzow said:
ah damnit. I can't call you an idiot here.
to quote someone's signature "that would violate the rules of SBN"

i have to admit, I don't know shit yet compaired to some of the guys I ride with. But when I had 5000 miles under my belt I felt like a king too. Every day now, I think about how i might end up not coming home after this ride, and what I can do while i'm out to improve myself as a rider.

You making a asshole comment like that just defines you as the jackass you are.

opps, that just typed itself in.
why dont you just get on the R1 or zx10 and see how bad the hype is. every time i go out i think about not coming back as well. to really improve just go to the track. but takes jackass to know jackass. opps type that by itself too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,445 Posts
Good bike so ride carefully. Next time do not attatche your name to a product & make the name simple.

The tip was given to me in early 50s when in the Signal Corps as a Dispatch Rider & many or the major operators were HAM at home.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top