Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current bike is an '04 Gixxer 600. I bought it from an extended family member (he's 24, first street bike) who owned it for less than two months before he dropped it and rashed up the right side. My last bike was a VTR 1000 and it was much more comfortable to ride, although it didn't have nearly the the suspension or brakes of the gixxer and it certainly won't turn as fast. I am 43 now (riding since '72) and the damn gixxer is just too uncomfortable for me on long rides. I test rode an '02 VFR today that is for sale locally and I really liked it.
The gixxer has been fully repaired with new plastics but does have a small dent in the top of the tank. I am going to put it up for sale (I'm waiting for the title), how much would you pay for an '04 gixxer 600 with a dent in the tank?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Actually, I prefer the truth. So I would want to know it had been down. I am actually low on the price I am sure. With just a dent in the tank, and everyhting else in perfect shape, it is probably worth $6k plus. After all it is almost new. But used bike prices have to be priced well to even get my attention. It seems almost everyone wants high dollar on their used bike. That's the only reason I said 5k. If I were you, I's search cycletrader.com for similar bikes in your area and see what people are asking. If you want to move it quick, price yours just a hair below everyone else. An 04 gixxer is a nice bike and will sell quick, so do your homework before you sell it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is stock except for a Yoshimura RS-3 (race baffle) end can and an Apex tag/turnsignal bracket. It is also one of the yellow models so the dent is not prominent. A new tank costs about $600.00. I am going to start by listing it locally and ask $6500.00. I would take $6250.00 because the VFR I want has a $7000.00 asking price. I rode the VFR and I am not crazy about the linked brakes but the power and handling are better than I expected.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Not a bad idea as the bike you have in mind is definately with a more sensible riding position for many hrs of hwy riding while the GSXR is really more for road racing even if it was used on some track days or more advanced into club racing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the mileage was low (6750) and the bike is in pristine condition. It was listed as $7000.00 obo so I might offer a little less. It did have a set of Staintune cans with removable baffles and a fender eliminator so I would not have to do anything but ride and ride and ride...

I could probably pay the 7K and never look back, and then put 70K miles on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts