Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's that time to try something new. Friend has been living in Orlando for a while. I'm getting fed up with Arizona (Scottsdale to be exact). Can't stand shitty hot weather for 10 months out of the year. Anyhow, going to be out there probably by July 8th, or after teh 15th (21st birfday). Anyhow, just seeing how it is out there. Riding wise, night life, etc. Thanks.
Who knows, might run into some of you out there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So you're gonna go from 100 degree temps with 10% humidity to 95 degree temps and 70% humidity. Yeah, you're gonna hate it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
P Smak said:
So you're gonna go from 100 degree temps with 10% humidity to 95 degree temps and 70% humidity. Yeah, you're gonna hate it.
+1

plus, there are no curves and 70% of the drivers are old and don't see you coming!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I should think about it, and not do it. The humidity isn't doesn't bother me. I was there about 2 months ago for a month, and wasn't to affected by it. But the twisties will kill me.....might as well go into stuntin'.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twisties out here, aren't that close anyhow, besides the roads that are maybe.....1/2 to full mile. Other than that, it's about a 30-45 ride to get out to the roads.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The humidity between november and may is nothing compared to the humidity that we get from june til' october.

·
...What speed limit sign?
244 Posts
As much as I hate the cagers down here, the people I end up riding with and getting to know more than make up for it.

It's all about the friends you make, because with the right friends you can have fun anywhere, doing anything. And my fellow riders out here are really great people. Can't go wrong with that!

·
Registered
108 Posts
SRQ929RR said:
The humidity between november and may is nothing compared to the humidity that we get from june til' october.
Yeah, the humidity now is so much worse than it was 2 months ago. It'll take some getting used to. You'll see what we mean when you get here.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is the rain situation. Cause all I have are bikes. Should I look into getting a beater car?
Also, with the humidity, should I bring out my two nice 2x2ft. garage fans and mount them in my room?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ueafa said:
Well, it's that time to try something new. Friend has been living in Orlando for a while. I'm getting fed up with Arizona (Scottsdale to be exact). Can't stand shitty hot weather for 10 months out of the year. Anyhow, going to be out there probably by July 8th, or after teh 15th (21st birfday). Anyhow, just seeing how it is out there. Riding wise, night life, etc. Thanks.
Who knows, might run into some of you out there.

Dude I lived in FLA, was stationed in FLA and went to college in FLA for 8 years. You are goign to HATE Florida if you don't like AZ weather. This is like paradise for me and I have been here for 9 years.

No twisties, rain, humidity, bugs, you can keep it

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Yeah the heat here is something else... unless you've been here for a whole summer you don't quite know what it's all about. As far as Orlando goes, I'm moving there next month and after driving around there all weekend and talking to people that used to live there, you have to ride pretty far out of O-town to get to anything nice. I'm not entirely sure on that one though cause I don't live there. A bike is do-able year round of you don't mind getting a little wet in the summer. Summer weather is basically like this: every day around 3 o clock, it pours for about a half hour, then the sun comes out with a vengeance and drys everything out in about 2 hours, it's quite bizarre. So if you can stand the short spurts of rain it isn't that bad. You might want to invest in some perforated leather or mesh (if you're comfortable exposing yourself) though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can deal with Arizona's heat/weather no problem. The rain out there.......shouldn't be a problem, have all the different gear for that.
How are your state laws for bikes? Over here, don't get in trouble for having my plate tilted way the hell up. Also, do you have to wear a helmet? Or so long as your over 18 is it just eye protection. If you can think of anything that I would need to know, please inform me. Thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ueafa said:
I can deal with Arizona's heat/weather no problem. The rain out there.......shouldn't be a problem, have all the different gear for that.
How are your state laws for bikes? Over here, don't get in trouble for having my plate tilted way the hell up. Also, do you have to wear a helmet? Or so long as your over 18 is it just eye protection. If you can think of anything that I would need to know, please inform me. Thanks
Ueafa said:
. Can't stand shitty hot weather for 10 months out of the year.

You just contradicted yourself :cheers

And why on gods earth would you NOT want to wear a helmet?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ecir said:
You just contradicted yourself :cheers

And why on gods earth would you NOT want to wear a helmet?
Everyone says that they can't stand the heat, but do. I can't stand the weather, but I do put up with it. Can't stand the heat, but deal with it. As for the helmet........I'm just saying, if I am going a block down the road or just going around the block after fixing something on the bike. Neighborhood route, not blazing down the freeway.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
if you're under 21 a helmet is required by law, after 21 you have to have 10,000 dollars in personal injury insurance and eye protection and you don't have to wear a helmet. I know what you're talking about Ueafa, a lot of times I'll ride it around my apt. or around the block without my helmet when I'm working on it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spike said:
if you're under 21 a helmet is required by law, after 21 you have to have 10,000 dollars in personal injury insurance and eye protection and you don't have to wear a helmet. I know what you're talking about Ueafa, a lot of times I'll ride it around my apt. or around the block without my helmet when I'm working on it.
Alright, cool, good to know. Also, I threw you name on my AIM list. Just in case I run into other questions. Guess my friend is wanting to switch locations just outside of Orlando to West Colonial, Ocoee at Vizcaya Lakes. Doesn't mean shit to me, but maybe to others.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
*shrugs* fuck if I know. Orlando isn't really an area I know well, however I suppose I'll get much better at it soon when I move there. What's your AIM name? I get a lot of stupid fucking spammers IMing me and most people I just block. Actually you don't have to tell me your name, just tell me if you have any info in your profile, cause that's what I look at.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spike said:
*shrugs* fuck if I know. Orlando isn't really an area I know well, however I suppose I'll get much better at it soon when I move there. What's your AIM name? I get a lot of stupid fucking spammers IMing me and most people I just block. Actually you don't have to tell me your name, just tell me if you have any info in your profile, cause that's what I look at.
Name is the same as this Ueafa.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Bro trust me when i tell ya, Florida's weather will have you reeling. Its dry.....it rains..rains..rains...dry........oh wait RAIN....now its 150 deg F with 300% humidity. It sucks man and i can honestly say if i find a good job out of this shithole im gone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts