Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the hell is up? is it just in my area? these last two days i can't go 50 ft w/o seeing a goldwing. they're everywhere. its not like they're all in the same group either, they're going different directions and spread out all over the mid-cities. is it national goldwing week or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,057 Posts
Goldwings rock man! I chased a guy on a newer one yesterday on one hell of a twistie road and I was damn near draggin my knee while he was draggin parts. Music blasting, riding straight up and down while I'm hanging off in full-leathers. Don't under estimate a Goldwing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have anything against them, its just odd seeing 150 in one day, not riding together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Goldwings rock! Some friends and I tested them last year at Daytona. Needless to say we got Banned from test riding any more Hondas after that! They handled like on rails, had some good accerlation too. I was blasting some Linkin Park on the radio while we were out. It was a lot fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
one1082 said:
what the hell is up? is it just in my area? these last two days i can't go 50 ft w/o seeing a goldwing. they're everywhere. its not like they're all in the same group either, they're going different directions and spread out all over the mid-cities. is it national goldwing week or something?
Thats funny! I was going to say I have seen them also...then noticed you and I live near each other....I saw a line of 10 of them on Sunday going North on 635...everyone of them pulling a trailer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,057 Posts
DreddR6 said:
Goldwings rock! Some friends and I tested them last year at Daytona. Needless to say we got Banned from test riding any more Hondas after that! They handled like on rails, had some good accerlation too. I was blasting some Linkin Park on the radio while we were out. It was a lot fun!

ahhh... new name.. Pumping LP on a Goldwing.. that kicks arse! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
jasfrmn said:
Thats funny! I was going to say I have seen them also...then noticed you and I live near each other....I saw a line of 10 of them on Sunday going North on 635...everyone of them pulling a trailer.
Yeah i was just going to post that, i saw a bunch on 635 on sunday also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
The Goldwing Road Riders' Annual convention is being held in Grapevine, hence all the Goldwings.....there are tons of them! Saw a lot of them out in the rain today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,240 Posts
I love Goldwings. Can't wait for hte day that I get mine and cruise around America in style... Ive done that on my 96', but I want more comfort.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
I met a group of 'em at a gas station.. started talking about the weather etc. while we topped off our bikes. just HAD to ask to sit on one. Oh man! they're as comfy as a big couch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Lol I was wondering the same thing! I rode about 2 1/2 hours last night and couldn't keep track of all the Gold Wings out there. Most of them even seemed to have neons or flashy lights all over them, too. It was very strange. Saw more trikes yesterday than I think I've seen my entire life, also. Weird.

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
Goldwing is faster than an SUV and gets better gas mileage. Also, it's on 2 wheels and weighs about 3k lbs less, not worth comparing to an SUV :D. 'Wings kick ass...
 

·
I own license2ill
Joined
·
5,679 Posts
they are the lincoln town cars of bikes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
They are nice bikes that do their job really well........sportbikes are for getting from A to B in the least amount of time, Goldwings are for getting from A to B.....but also getting to all the other letter in alphabet in-between in comfort and style ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Canadiankwak1 said:
GOLDWINGS SUCK!

If you want something that big and heavy, just buy a SUV.


Would someone please ban this ignorant troll?

I think every post I have seen of his has been either "such & such sucks" or a argument post when someone calls him out on the idiocy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
30 Posts
Flame said:
Would someone please ban this ignorant troll?

I think every post I have seen of his has been either "such & such sucks" or a argument post when someone calls him out on the idiocy.


6 posts and your deciding who should be banned already?

I laugh at you. :2fingers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
The goldwing is how. Although im completely into sportbikes right now, I will definately get a 'wing when i get older and want to start cruising.
The best part is that you can actually wheelie them!
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top