Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 2001 with about 11K miles on it. Guy is asking $4000. Does that sound like a good, fair or poor deal? Those that have this bike, what do you think about it? Any thing to pay close attention to unkeep wise?

Thanks,
Jason

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Go to www.kbb.com and find the retail and trade in values for that particular bike and average the two numbers. If 4k is close to that then I think it's a good deal. At least that's how I determine good/fair pricing.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any one else with info?

·
Registered
436 Posts
sounds like a good deal.....If he is the original owner and the bike doesn't look beat on sure the R6 is def a nice bike (I never had one, but My friend does). I would go down with 4000 cash (just in case its a firm price) in hand but only offer him like 3700.

Does it come with any gear?

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
4K isnt a bad price especially if it has any mods.Always offer less.It never hurts to get a better bargain.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all!!! It seems like a low price, but it is a friend of a friend...so may just be giving me the bottom price that he'll take.

Jason

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought my 2000 6 months ago for $4400 and it had 7k. The 2nd gear issue is really the most thing to be concerned about but if thats ok it sounds like a good deal. Offer $3800 and see if he takes it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
steeltoe said:
Thanks for the info once again all and the links steeltoe.

Steeltoe, you should roll up to Roanoke, not too far from you, 1.5 hour and try out some blue ridge twistE!!!

J

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Its freaking amazing how cheap bikes are in the US!!!

I paid $3200 for my 1991 Katana 750, and already spent like $500 in spare parts (no labour as I've done all the work myself).

With that kind of money, in the US, I would be rigind a "modern" sportbike. You guys are extremely lucky!

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
Its freaking amazing how cheap bikes are in the US!!!

I paid $3200 for my 1991 Katana 750, and already spent like $500 in spare parts (no labour as I've done all the work myself).

With that kind of money, in the US, I would be rigind a "modern" sportbike. You guys are extremely lucky!
Maybe I should start a business exporting bikes to Mexico.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts