Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's official. I am going to India for 4 to 6 weeks in the middle of September. I am both excited and worried at the same time. I will be training some employees while I am there. I have to apply for a work visa and get all kinds of immunizations before I go. My wife says that she knows someone who went for two weeks and came back home with dysentery. Dysentery is a disease involving the inflammation of the lining of the large intestines. What kinds of things are there to do in India and what should I be careful of?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Shouldn't have to worry to bad. Last I checked it's not a real hot bed for terrorist activity to include kidnapping and such. Contact the State department and see if you can a country briefing. How soon are you leaving?

·
Registered
222 Posts
My girlfriend is from India, I'll have to ask her for any tips she could give you. What I learned from going to Russia was to just avoid drinking water. Tea was always a safe bet, or Juice. There will be alot of "don't do this, or that" type things when it comes to dealing with people (all of which I'm sure I'll do to someone when I go over there). I'd get deported I'm sure if I went over....I'm just good like that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Her comments were to not swear at all, be as formal as possible. No checking out zee wemon either. All of which sound like normal warnings in any buisness situation. But in an uptight culture like India, you have to be extra careful. Good luck. I'm sure I'll be heading there sometime in the following year. I'll be sure to relay all the stories of the people I some how offended.....bonus points if it's her family.

·
Registered
30 Posts
On that one episode of Seinfeld, the parents of an Indian wouldn't go to his wedding in India because they stil have the Plague.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Good luck...I wouldn't do it...

Take some pics and post em when you get over there, though...

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Kawa-ZX9 said:
Going to Bangkok for 12 days soon. Will party down and post pics.

Make sure you "double-bag" if you decide to hook up. High STD rate over there

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Colch636 said:
On that one episode of Seinfeld, the parents of an Indian wouldn't go to his wedding in India because they stil have the Plague.
George: What's that smell?
Jerry: That's the stench of death.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Kawa-ZX9 said:
Going to Bangkok for 12 days soon. Will party down and post pics.
Have you been? It's a wild place for sure. Been there several times while my wife had biz travel. It's awesome to explore there.

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
i heard on the news that 5 Hooters restaurants are being built in india!i guess it will be interesting to see how it works out.

oh, and if you go to bangkok, you can buy armani and gucci suits for like $200 custom tailored to you.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
cookhj said:
i heard on the news that 5 Hooters restaurants are being built in india!i guess it will be interesting to see how it works out.

oh, and if you go to bangkok, you can buy armani and gucci suits for like $200 custom tailored to you.

Yeah the guy in the TukTuk even verified they were authentic too!

·
Registered
51 Posts
When you are outside of the hotel... make sure that you drink bottled water only.... it will take a few days to get used to the smell... I was sick as soon as I walked out of the airport...and make sure that when you leave that you change all of your money from rupees to dollars. They have this weird law about taking money out of India. I was in New Delhi for 8 days... enjoy the official tours...and take lots of pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts