Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I have to go to Colorado for a week in August... I know HAVE TO.. poor me.. I just happen to HAVE to spent a week in Estes Park. Going there for my best friends wedding.

Anyway is here is the problem.. although I have a full slate of things I want to plan like rock climbing, bouldering *yay* and hiking I still keep thinking.. I want to take the cycle but it would mean renting a trailer and such and I am too worried that with all the other things to do, the wedding itself, the handing out with my bud.. is it really going be worth it for me to go through the effort of hauling the cycle. Mind you I have NO experience with haulling a cycle trailer at all and I have no idea how much in the back woods our cabin really is.

Chewall think? What if it was you?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I dont' know I'm not leaving for CO until Christmas eve and I don't think I will be taking the bike.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I didn't take mine a few weeks back when I went for my brothers birthday. I will next time for sure. But if you got limited time and lots of activities it probably wouldn't be worth it..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you ever been to Estes Park? The place is awesome, it is really going to suck if you get there and dont have a bike, knowing you could have taken it. Look at it this way if you take the bike you will get some time to ride im sure, mabe not a lot of time but some time is better than NO time and Estes Park is just................AWESOME. words cant even explain.

Chris

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have been there before but never as long as a week or even overnight for that matter. All I kept thinking about when I was around that area was ugh.. I want my cycle.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
being its a whole week i would take it. you will find some time :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at trailer hitches now

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well so much for rolling over to the Colorado section and asking them about good areas up there (not that I don't think I will have an issue finding them on my own)... seeing how the last port that they have has been NEVER

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
you mean post? hmm ill go over there and post a thread for ya if you like :)

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
hey Erik, take the bike. rent a uhaul if nothing else, and take it with you. hauling a bike isn't hard, just make sure you tie it down good and allow for extra stopping time. you will use extra gas, but it isn't bad. beleive me i am paranoid as hell about my bike. if you do take it and want help loading or tying let me know. either way, if you don't the bike, you will end up regretting it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k I ignored the first one, can't the second. Its Eric :p

Got to nip this before it gets out of control.

Hrmm.. I just realize that it makes my name look like Erick.. with is EVEN worse. Maybe I will have to change handles. Sigh.. what I get for not using my normal handle. I guess I assumed there was a good chance of meeting people face to face so I stuck with a real name.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
sorry eriC. :) nah, my drunken self can't read is all.....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well you are in a state that envy. I have to study for a philosophy exam :(

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
okay, here is my philosophy lesson for the day:

the ice-picks that I am consuming look better as they are being lifted to my mouth than otherwise sitting in my glass. The ill effects are ignored as I lay here in a state of bliss pondering how I would be feeling if I were sober.

no cliff notes available for this lecture yet.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry I keep getting hung up on the "lifted to my mouth" part

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
by the time i pass out, it will be lifted to my mouth with both hands...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sweet. Passed out women. I alwys score with those.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
silent_R1 said:
by the time i pass out, it will be lifted to my mouth with both hands...

that sounds about right, it always takes the girls both hands to lift my pogo stick to their mouth :D

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
you are so so wrong...i think i love you. :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts