Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I got my XX last year and started going on the really long rides to the mountains I've started getting really annoyed by it's size and weight. I've realized that I don't really use the power all that much and the size just gets tiring after a long day of riding at and around Deal's Gap.

So it looks like I'm selling it and going to pick up an '05 F4i.

Can anybody comment on this? If you've gone from a powerful bike to a less powerful bike did you really miss the power?

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
All I can say is you won't be disappointed with an F4i :D. Great bikes.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck said:
All I can say is you won't be disappointed with an F4i :D. Great bikes.
I had a '99 F4 a couple of years ago. Funny how it's come full circle and I'm going back to one. lol

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Wow. I think you're the first person I've heard of, who's sold an XX. Can't go wrong with honda reliability, though :dblthumb

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hagios said:
Wow. I think you're the first person I've heard of, who's sold an XX. Can't go wrong with honda reliability, though :dblthumb
heh, yeah... I actually had planned on keeping mine forever, but after my last trip up to Deal's Gap I got really annoyed with it. It's a great bike, but it's huge.

It boogies pretty good, but it's so damn big...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Smart idea I would say. If you kno what kind of riding you will be doing and the F4I is the one you need, I would say go for it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not worried about power wheelies. The front wheel on the XX has only left the ground a couple of times since I bought it.

I'll use the F4i for the same things I use the XX for, but when I get to the tight stuff it'll be far more enjoyable. My typical weekend starts out riding 200 miles of interstate to just north of Atlanta. Saturday I get up in the morning and ride to Deal's Gap via hwy 28 (very good) and then back to north of Atlanta. On Sunday I ride home on the interstate.

So on my typical weekend I see all kinds of different roads. From interstate to sweepers to the tightest curves anywhere. I need a bike that can do it all, and do it well.

·
Registered
422 Posts
sorry i was wondering did you have an rc51 before, i recall some one selling their rc to buy a bike just like yours. anyway i just bought an f4 for racing, going to get in few days. good luck with your bike, if i had the money and it is not a honda, i would get a 2005 zx6rr, i am sure with this bike you would not miss your 1100 cc. good luck

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
samizx7 said:
sorry i was wondering did you have an rc51 before, i recall some one selling their rc to buy a bike just like yours. anyway i just bought an f4 for racing, going to get in few days. good luck with your bike, if i had the money and it is not a honda, i would get a 2005 zx6rr, i am sure with this bike you would not miss your 1100 cc. good luck
Yep, I had an RC51 a year ago... what a vicious circle this has been. I sold my F4 to buy the RC51 because I wanted something "harder" and with more power. I then sold the RC51 because I wanted something a lot more comfortable, so I bought the XX. Now I'm going back to the F4(i) because the XX is too damn big.

heh

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I think the F4I would be perfect for what you're looking for.

·
Registered
454 Posts
there is a guy on the easttnrider.com forum who sold his XX and bought an '04 F4i. He rides Deal's Gap weekly, and says that the F4i is 100 times better for his type of riding. He is very happy with the switch.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
f4igrad said:
there is a guy on the easttnrider.com forum who sold his XX and bought an '04 F4i. He rides Deal's Gap weekly, and says that the F4i is 100 times better for his type of riding. He is very happy with the switch.
I just hope the XX sells quickly. I own the XX so it's not a big deal to just buy an '05 while I'm still trying to sell the XX... but that just doesn't feel like the financially responsible thing to do.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I think you'll be happy w/the f4i, I've switched from a RC51 to a 600rr recently and couldn't be happier, and no I don't miss the extra hp on the RC

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Can't comment on the switch from a b***** machine to a smaller one, but I love my F4i! You're gonna get the "You're headlight is out!" distractions though. Not going to happen on an XX or F4.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You are not the first person to go back to a 600. I have seen it on other m/c boards as well.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
I've been seriously considering the same thing. I had a 600rr and it was great for twisties but sucked goat ass on the freeway and was very uncomfortable for long trips. I sold it for a VFR. Now I'm wishing I had that light weight with just reasonable ergos. I looked at an F4i at a dealership, honda reliability, comfy, weighs a lot less, exactly what I'm looking for. But they wanted to molest me on the trade in so it was a no-go. My problem is that I owe on the VFR so my choices are paying it down enough to private party sell it for the remainder (quite a chunk of change) or just sticking with it for a couple of years and then going that route.

One thing to watch for is I don't think corbin or sargent make a seat for the F4i for some odd reason. So you might have to go custom for something comfortable enough for truly long rides. Whatever you decide, good luck and let us kow how it goes.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Wanna trade??????????? I'm going to the Gap this Thursday and going to have a little fun on my ZX6R. I figure it is a perfect bike for the gap. I'm riding up from Orlando so gonna see just how comfy the bike is too.
I'm actually going to go b***** (Sport Touring) here in the near future cause my wife likes riding with me. Anyway, love your bike even though your getting rid of it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I went from an FZ1 to a VFR. Big loss in power but the ride on the VFR is so much nicer I don't miss it at all. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if faced with the same choice. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts