Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has pretty much heard of my crappy driving luck. But this just tops it. I was hit for the SECOND time by a Harley last Friday! Back when I had my camaro, like 2 summers ago, this Harley tried going between cars and clipped me (while we were stopped at a red light) but the guy followed me and I reamed him a new asshole. No big deal, we didn't report it (I was driving on a suspended license).
Anywho, so last weekend (I'm only 20 mind you) I was driving home from drinking at my cousins. I had maybe 3 beers the entire night though and I come up to the red light going north on a street a few miles from my house and this Harley pulls up directly behind me. His buddy was behind him in some Range Rover or some kinda similar SUV, and the Harley pulls up about 3 feet from my bumper and then starts to flare his throttle and go forward to half a foot from my bumper and then pull back. After awhile of him acting like a prick, I threw my hands up in the air in a gesture like "what the fuck are you doing?" He proceeded to flip me off. Finally the light turns green, I start going and don't even get half way through the intersection, shift into second and BAM. The asshole rear ends me. I now have a HUGE tire mark on the back of my Nissan. So I go to pull over, to get his information and he goes to run! So I tear off after him, cutting his friend off. He quick swings a left onto the next street. I call the cops on his ass, I was pissed at this point. Finally he got pulled over more than 30 blocks from when I called, and of course they don't ticket him because he got pulled over in Wauwatosa (which is part of Milwaukee county) and the accident happened in Milwaukee. And then the cops were threatening to breathalize ME!!!!!! Yeah, and I just changed my major to criminal justice....maybe I should rethink that....

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
That just sucks shorty.

·
Registered
832 Posts
well I hope your ok it seems to me that more bikes are out and people in cars dont pay attention (and some people on bikes act like idiots) I hope everyone has a safe year and Ali just my 2 cents just dont drink and go newhere after reguardless if you only had 2-3 with the way people have been getting pulled over you might as well stay low from the radar being 20 and all

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I just got a biker riding a Harley Lowrider to wave back for the first time. Usually pretty cocky group, IMHO. That or they are just don't like plastic bikes, or ones that are infinately more reliable, don't know.

Sucks with the accident. That bike could obviously book in on out of there and you wouldn't stand a chance on him. Ironic that he got pulled over. The cops were probably on you because of your excitement when you got there, and since you had a few drinks in you...

Good luck, I hope the tire mark can be buffed out easily!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
I have never had any problem with the harley guys, or anyone on a cruiser for that matter. They usually return my wave, even if they don't see it until the last minute. I find it repulsive to think we still stereotype people. Guys on sportbikes are as big of assholes as the harley guys. It all depends on the person behind the handlebars, not the handlebars they are holding onto. Just my opinion, of course....

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr. Lesbian said:
A hardley rear ended you.... trust me, it's brakes probably just didn't work. He probably got the 'heritage' edition.
Ya really didn't read the beginning of the whole thing, he never hit his brakes he was accelerating, and accelerated right into my back end...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep I think POS descibes it just abour right! As for the cops, they're just as big of pricks as the harley rider. Don't worry about changing your major, not all of us cops are like that ;) Just like all bikers aren't like those dumb ass harley riders!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
blndebmbr said:
I have never had any problem with the harley guys, or anyone on a cruiser for that matter. They usually return my wave, even if they don't see it until the last minute. I find it repulsive to think we still stereotype people. Guys on sportbikes are as big of assholes as the harley guys. It all depends on the person behind the handlebars, not the handlebars they are holding onto. Just my opinion, of course....
I'm with Tammy, che4ck out my post in the PP forum in CJ's thread about how we have a group of Harley chicks in the Posse now :)!!

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
suspended license @ 20.. hummmmmmmmmmmmm..........how much damage could he possibly have caused @ bout 10-15 mph maybe even less?

·
Registered
262 Posts
bummer....glad they at least pulled him over....and he didn't get to feel like he got away with it....maybe he was at a minimum a little embarassed...assholes are everywhere...ugh...

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
shortyali0369 said:
Everyone has pretty much heard of my crappy driving luck. But this just tops it. I was hit for the SECOND time by a Harley last Friday! Back when I had my camaro, like 2 summers ago, this Harley tried going between cars and clipped me (while we were stopped at a red light) but the guy followed me and I reamed him a new asshole. No big deal, we didn't report it (I was driving on a suspended license).
Anywho, so last weekend (I'm only 20 mind you) I was driving home from drinking at my cousins. I had maybe 3 beers the entire night though and I come up to the red light going north on a street a few miles from my house and this Harley pulls up directly behind me. His buddy was behind him in some Range Rover or some kinda similar SUV, and the Harley pulls up about 3 feet from my bumper and then starts to flare his throttle and go forward to half a foot from my bumper and then pull back. After awhile of him acting like a prick, I threw my hands up in the air in a gesture like "what the fuck are you doing?" He proceeded to flip me off. Finally the light turns green, I start going and don't even get half way through the intersection, shift into second and BAM. The asshole rear ends me. I now have a HUGE tire mark on the back of my Nissan. So I go to pull over, to get his information and he goes to run! So I tear off after him, cutting his friend off. He quick swings a left onto the next street. I call the cops on his ass, I was pissed at this point. Finally he got pulled over more than 30 blocks from when I called, and of course they don't ticket him because he got pulled over in Wauwatosa (which is part of Milwaukee county) and the accident happened in Milwaukee. And then the cops were threatening to breathalize ME!!!!!! Yeah, and I just changed my major to criminal justice....maybe I should rethink that....

Hm...my MSF course booklet says, "A person who has several "close calls" or near misses when driving a car ay be prone to similar behavior when operating a motorcycle. It's something to think about..."

Sounds like you've been "struck by lightning in the same place twice." Be careful, and maybe try to stop a little before the line at lights so if people roll up too close to you, you can roll forward a bit. That is what i do in traffic jams and sometimes when i am front of the line with a lot of traffic some seconds behind me because I don't like people invading my car's "personal space." Espcially if they are an SUV or something b***** than my car. Or maybe if you meet more assholes on 2 wheels, if you see the behavior before the light turns green, put on your hazard lights and SIT there til they move around you, or move off SLOWLY with the hazards til they overtake you. Honestly, i have done that (put my hazards on and go slow) either when I didn't like the person who was behind me (or more to the point, the way they were driving), or when i am looking for some place I got bad directions to, to prevent people flying into my back, and it always works, they see the lights, they figure somethings wrong with my car, and they move around me...

Good luck. If you have faith, pray each time you head out on the road...

PS...it's never a good idea to call the cops and hope they will be on your side if you are DUI...if you had been on your bike and called them they likely would have been a lot more pissed at you being not just on the road with 3 beers in your system, but on a bike on the road with 3 beers in your system. Please be careful. It's nice seeing girls out on bikes...not hearing about them injured or incarcerated somewhere...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Got_1 said:
suspended license @ 20.. hummmmmmmmmmmmm..........how much damage could he possibly have caused @ bout 10-15 mph maybe even less?
And DUI no less. I'm wondering what the other side to this story is, but we'll probably never know. I'm sure it's just as fascinating.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Um I wasn't on MY bike, I was in MY car. He was on the bike, and the 3 beers were spread out over a LOT of time and I stopped drinking over 2 hours before leaving...., so I wasn't DUI, although he was (.11 bac!)

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I don't drink at ALL, and it's mainly to keep me out of situations like this. Plus when your 20 and get a big grown up job like me you just can't afford to go to jail for something that could have so easily been prevented,k and I'm not losing my job and my rep over something so lame as this. Hell if I get one ticket I could lose my job. I don't know why people drink, I personally think it tastes like ass and don't see the point. I'm still the life of the party without it :)!

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
At 20 is it even legal for you to drink alcoholic beverages in your state?? Any story that starts with, I was out at...drinking...then I drove/road...then...happened...loses me for any understanding or sympathy. Maybe bad things are happening to you because you are doing bad things??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts