Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got speed vision last week and I have to say it is the greatest channel ever created next to the surf channel (FUEL). Anyone watch that MotoGp 125cc class race yesterday in the rain. THAT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME. I dont know what it is but the smaller classes like 250cc and 125cc races are just sooo much more exciting to watch then say the superbike AMA races and what not. IF their was a track around here I would def. want to ride something liek a Aprilia RS250 those things looke like a blast at the track. NOt sure the point of this thread but oh well. :beer

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i like watching that too, i can never catch the superbike races or the rally tho, and those are my two favorite things to watch

·
Registered
13 Posts
First off, don't you mean "Speedchannel"?

Secondly, soon enough you'll get sick and tired of every other program being some NASCAR crap. In my opinion I wish the GP & AMA races were on a different channel.

·
Registered
131 Posts
They were much better when they were Speedvision. When they were purchased by Fox and Fox got the NASCAR deal, 50% of their programming went to Nextel Cup coverage. Too much talking about racing and not enough actual racing.

At least they still televise motorcycle roadracing, I'll watch pretty much any series, any class.

·
It's good to B-King
3,290 Posts
Are you talking about the 125 race in the rain at Donington?

That's a few weeks old. You should have seen the 250 and b***** classes. They were actually much better races (unless you like seeing riders crash in painful ways).

There were some REALLY nasty highsides in that 125 race.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i mean the Donington race, that was great. Yeah there were alot of nasty highsides. ANd YES i hate Nascar

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes I agree I thought Speed Channel was off the hook when I first got it then I realized 3 Hours of real racing, and 22 hours of Nascar. I dont hate Nascar but I like racers that know where the finish line is. not a race where the drive in circles looking for it.
And the Superbike race yesterday was great Haga and Corser battling to the end untill Corser pushed to hard and went wide gave the race to Haga.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
prwest said:
They should rename it to the NASCAR channel.....
That's what I've come to know it as.

I'm curious as to why that TV show, The Trailer Park Boys don't air on this Nascar channel. Oh wait, same time slot as a Nascar race. But then again, 98% of the slots is Nascar. The other 2% is everything else, including commercials about Nascar. Even the talk show is talking about Nascar. Soon, the AMA races will be a mix of Nascar and bikes. Or better yet, Jimmy Johnson on a 600 doing ovals for 3 hours drinking a beer. Great.

·
Registered
110 Posts
bpmull said:
I wish I got that channel but the cable company wants too much money to let me watch it.

Let me guess Comcast right? I am really not upset that mine is gone, I don't believe they show the Isle Of Man TT anymore. And if you want to watch a Moto GP race it's on at 4am. But on a second note if you like Nascar you will love speedchannel.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
son123 said:
Let me guess Comcast right? I am really not upset that mine is gone, I don't believe they show the Isle Of Man TT anymore. And if you want to watch a Moto GP race it's on at 4am. But on a second note if you like Nascar you will love speedchannel.
I got Adelphia. They won't let me just get the one channel either, I would have to pay for a package of channels that I wouldn't be caught dead watching. Bastards.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Nate99 said:
They were much better when they were Speedvision. When they were purchased by Fox and Fox got the NASCAR deal, 50% of their programming went to Nextel Cup coverage. Too much talking about racing and not enough actual racing.

At least they still televise motorcycle roadracing, I'll watch pretty much any series, any class.
I don't mind the NASCAR stuff...it's the shows like "Unique Whips" and "Texas Hardtails" that I can't stand. It's just like MTV...no music, just constant brain-rotting reality shit! Nothing worse than a GUY who watches "The Real World"!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
freeky929 said:
Nothing worse than a GUY who watches "The Real World"!
I guess you haven't seen Melinda yet. Take a look and then tell me you were able to change the channel after seeing her prance around in her undies.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
It's SpeedTV now...
All NASCAR all the time!

Except for Two Wheel Tuesdays.

Much more motorcycle content back when it was Speedvision. What a shame...

But it's the best we have.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe they will be covering the AMA supercross/motocross series next year. That will be a little more MC coverage....

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
bpmull said:
I guess you haven't seen Melinda yet. Take a look and then tell me you were able to change the channel after seeing her prance around in her undies.
You're kidding, right? Somebody please tell me this guy is kidding...

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Oh, an no...I haven't seen Melinda. If I need to see Melinda for my life to be complete, I need a new life. "The Real World" is for women...period!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts