Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the app installed on my iPhone 5 as well as my Galaxy Tab 3 and it works pretty well on both! I take the tablet with me so I and my buddies can view footage while stopped for lunch or what not from the micro SD card (Hero 3). It can also be viewed using the GoPro app via wifi but the quality is greatly decreased yet watchable. I haven't been able to get it to play videos from my Hero 2 although I read it is supposed to be able to. I also like the fact I can save a video right to my phone or tablet via the app!

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Ok, got my Hero 3 white edition early. Here is my take.

I don't see how anyone can use that lil 1/2" square monochrome lcd. The app does everything, in half the time.

The only way I'll use my Hero 3 without the app, is when I only go out and have to press that one button for record. I love the app that much.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Use a friend's quite often, have the app on both his iPhone and my Android (works great on both). The only time I use it is to check the orientation on the camera when I mount it somewhere, which I do with some frequency. I find it valuable in that application.

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
I use the phone app to aim the camera properly before using it, and to watch the videos while I am on the road/track.

The only thing that I haven't figured out yet, is how to turn off the wifi completely. After I am done using the phone app, the wifi stays on the camera, which kills the battery fairly quick :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use the phone app to aim the camera properly before using it, and to watch the videos while I am on the road/track.

The only thing that I haven't figured out yet, is how to turn off the wifi completely. After I am done using the phone app, the wifi stays on the camera, which kills the battery fairly quick :(
It's in the settings. Couldn't tell you exactly where, but it's not too difficult to find. Probably worth the three minute investment to figure it out :)

·
Registered
400 Posts

If you are using the Hero3 edition; just hold the button on the side of the camera down until you hear/see the blue light flash rapidly. If you are using the wifi bacpac just hold down the button on the bacpac until you see it power off. Just in case you did not know... the remote can not turn off the wifi, it has to be done manually at the source be it the wifi bacpac or the camera itself.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I use the remote the majority of the time. That allows me to start and stop both cameras at the same time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Would you please tell me how to be able to use one remote to control two cameras at the same time! I honestly thought only one camera worked per remote, it would be great to be able to start and stop the H2 and H3 at the same time using the same remote! Thanks!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Would you please tell me how to be able to use one remote to control two cameras at the same time! I honestly thought only one camera worked per remote, it would be great to be able to start and stop the H2 and H3 at the same time using the same remote! Thanks!!
I can't recall right off but the directions are in the manual. I use it to control an H3 white and an H3 black. You can use quite a few cameras on one remote.

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
It's in the settings. Couldn't tell you exactly where, but it's not too difficult to find. Probably worth the three minute investment to figure it out :)
Nope, read below...

If you are using the Hero3 edition; just hold the button on the side of the camera down until you hear/see the blue light flash rapidly. If you are using the wifi bacpac just hold down the button on the bacpac until you see it power off. Just in case you did not know... the remote can not turn off the wifi, it has to be done manually at the source be it the wifi bacpac or the camera itself.
Yup, hero 3, and thats exactly what I do, for some lazy reason, I just find it frustrating lol

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I have the Sony Action Cam, not the GoPro (if I had to do it over again, I'd get the GoPro in a heart beat). I use the wifi option to set up my shot on the phone. Once I have a good camera angle, I turn it off and just film. Having the ability to set up my camera angle on my phone has saved me a lot of headaches.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I was told the WiFi really decreases the battery. But I like the convenience.

It is frustrating sometimes using it to remote control the camera that just pressing the button manuelly seems more convinient. But ya it takes a while sometimes plus you have to make sure it's connected. All at the cost of reduced battery life too because it continues to send out the wifi signal even when you just set it to record.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I was told the WiFi really decreases the battery. But I like the convenience.

It is frustrating sometimes using it to remote control the camera that just pressing the button manuelly seems more convinient. But ya it takes a while sometimes plus you have to make sure it's connected. All at the cost of reduced battery life too because it continues to send out the wifi signal even when you just set it to record.
For me it all depends on where I have the camera mounted. If it is mounted on the front nose where I cant see the display, the remote is a great asset to have! There have been times when I've thought I was recording only to find out later I had actually stopped. With the remote on the triple tree I can see the red light flashing so I am sure it is recording and also in the desired mode!

When using the suction cup on the left mid fairing it can be easier just to press the button on the GoPro itself! I still use my HD1 on a regular basis and since it doesn't have multiple L.E.D.s I find the remote pretty handy!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts