Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just dropped 55 bucks down to go kart at this place called Speeds, its the indoor track with pretty fast go karts. I had never go karted before going over 10mph, and realize now what I have missed out of real fun for soo long.
It was me and 2 3 friends, and we basically were the only ones there from 7-10:30 for $55.

I encourage anyone that knows of a fast go karting place, and have never done it mainly because of cost. Try it once atleast, most likely you will become addicted as I will return many times. :dblthumb

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
At $55 bucks a whack, if I get addicted to go karting that's gonna put a serious crimp in my crack habit.

I remember back in the 80s there were all these mini F1 cars that people could race. They even featured them on an episode of 'CHiPs' I always thought those would be fun, but in Washington state it always rained too much for anyone to put in a track. Are these the same things?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, their like normal go karts..just b***** engines. :)

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
We Have A Place Like That Called Malibu Grand Prix, They Have Rotary Engines In These Cars And They Get Out Of Dodge. They Are Pretty Freakin Fast. Not Like 55mph But Fast Enough While Going Through Hairpin Curve After Hairpin Curve. The Coolest Thing Was When We Were There 3 People Crashed And I Mean Spun Out Into The Grass And Fence. It Was Funny As Hell

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reckless01 said:
We Have A Place Like That Called Malibu Grand Prix, They Have Rotary Engines In These Cars And They Get Out Of Dodge. They Are Pretty Freakin Fast. Not Like 55mph But Fast Enough While Going Through Hairpin Curve After Hairpin Curve. The Coolest Thing Was When We Were There 3 People Crashed And I Mean Spun Out Into The Grass And Fence. It Was Funny As Hell
Yah, there was a Malibu Grand Prix here before, they went out a business like 6 years ago, so I never got to drive their fast go karts. :bongs

·
Registered
200 Posts
I raced karts a few times a while back and had a blast. I rented a kart after taking a racing school and ran a few races at a kart track in Circleville, OH and one race at Mid-Ohio. It's hard to believe how hard those things can corner, you can really feel the g's in the turns. I'd love to have my own shifter kart to play with. :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I've done the indoor go karts. They really are a lot of fun and I'm looking to go back in the next month or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts