Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i bought a gixxer 1000 right rear passenger peg for my 94 to make the exhaust mount higher but i cant see how this can even be close to workin. i have a v&h ss2r slip on and i like the way the hgher exhasut mount looks but wtf am i retarted or somethin here?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking, but I'm assuming you're asking "I bought a highmount exhaust, but want to keep my passenger pegs, what do I do?"

If that's the case, do what I did, go to a local machine shop and have them make you a long spacer that will clear the highmount. Essentially this spacer will be a "pipe" with really thick walls. Then just put the spacer in b/w the peg moutn and the peg. Be sure to find out what bolt you will use first as I assumed I'd be able to find a bolt long enought that would still fit in the stock mounting holes. I was wrong. Had to go with a thinner one and use a washer to hold it all in place.

If you meant something else, please reiterate.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol no with the 600F2's the gsxr 1000 passenger peg is a direct bolt on and also makes the exhaust can mount up just a little bit higher. the guy i bought it from had it on his but i cant seem to make it fit my bike. theres gotta be some one on here with a F2 that has done this upgrade

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
F2 600 Guy said:
lol no with the 600F2's the gsxr 1000 passenger peg is a direct bolt on and also makes the exhaust can mount up just a little bit higher. the guy i bought it from had it on his but i cant seem to make it fit my bike. theres gotta be some one on here with a F2 that has done this upgrade
To make it a true highmount, you are gonna have to have a new midpipe made for it. You can't stretch the existing one to make it a highmount.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i just bent the crap out of my exhaust via 12 o clock wheelie and that got it higher...haha

but i see what you're saying, i couldn't figure out how to get mine higher until the pipe itself actually bent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts