Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
The way he rides? Not surprised, just a matter of time.

I hope he had fun weaving in and out of traffic and speeding in a straight; Shows how bad he really wants that "Group Ride" trophy at the end of the group ride......:cereal

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Yeah, I enjoyed the "Hey, pain hurts - who knew?!?" sounds and the bikes he'd just passed zooming away in the background. :)

Earlier in the video he also performs Stupid Squid Act #1 - passing someone IN THEIR LANE at a zillion miles an hour. Pet peeve - just because I'm on one side of the lane right now doesn't mean I'll still be there when you decide to pass!

KeS

Attachments

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
Earlier in the video he also performs Stupid Squid Act #1 - passing someone IN THEIR LANE at a zillion miles an hour. Pet peeve - just because I'm on one side of the lane right now doesn't mean I'll still be there when you decide to pass!

KeS
Yeah, that would have set my teeth on edge......of course karma's revenge was near instant in this case, so all is well.

.....and man those Go Pros take a fucking licking don't they?

·
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
1,135 Posts
passing someone IN THEIR LANE at a zillion miles an hour. Pet peeve - just because I'm on one side of the lane right now doesn't mean I'll still be there when you decide to pass!

KeS
Yes! What an aggravation!

I'm glad you said that because, even though I haven't been directely fucked up as a result of that circumstance, it is still a terrible practice. I know there are a lot of us who like to wander the entire lane (as we are allowed) and it is bullshit to cut into my lane just because I happen to be occupying the right hand side, on a small vehicle. Good call!

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
terrible form & turn entry lane positioning.

quite the squid, that being said, hope he's ok.

·
Registered
157 Posts
:spit
Accelerated too fast on a straight to make the light corner.. almost what happend to me...... then I learned.

Probably a classic example for having a bike too powerful for you to handle!

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
:spit
Accelerated too fast on a straight to make the light corner.. almost what happend to me...... then I learned.

Probably a classic example for having a bike too powerful for you to handle!
No. He wasn't accelerating hard before the crash. He was just going too fast. Well, going too fast considering he made almost no attempt to make the bike turn.

That crash could have been accomplished on any bike from a Ninja 250 to a Hayabusa to a Gold Wing.

KeS

·
Registered
157 Posts
No. He wasn't accelerating hard before the crash. He was just going too fast. Well, going too fast considering he made almost no attempt to make the bike turn.

That crash could have been accomplished on any bike from a Ninja 250 to a Hayabusa to a Gold Wing.

KeS
Such technicality people..

BUT I think he accelerated way before, which made him mess up the line, to which he tripped out and ended up target fixating on that curve.

Like I said, he wouldn't have been in that situation on a 250 because he would have been stuck behind the other riders.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Such technicality people..

BUT I think he accelerated way before, which made him mess up the line, to which he tripped out and ended up target fixating on that curve.

Like I said, he wouldn't have been in that situation on a 250 because he would have been stuck behind the other riders.
It's not a technicality, it's an attempt to have a meaningful conversation. Saying he was on a ZX-10R instead of a GSX-R1000 would be a technicality.

A case of riding a bike over his head would be (and I thought was going to be) where he passes all those bikes at "ludicrous speed" and then has trouble getting stopped in time for the road in front. This actually happens a LOT, especially to new riders on 600SS bikes. They don't realize how fast speed builds once you hit the powerband (because they're "respecting" the bike), they get out there trying to pass, and by the time they get back in their lane, the rear of a car is suddenly coming up at 130mph.

That's not what happened here - by his account he was going 85mph, which seems about right as far as I can judge; and both his speed and his acceleration for several seconds before the crash were within any bike's capability.

So I disagree with your original point; not on a technicality but on an actual real difference of opinion. It's not clear to me what your new, revised point is.

KeS

1 - 20 of 43 Posts