Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Items to purchase:
L-Brackets ’00 – ’02 ZX6R
http://ventura-bike.com/english/products/pack_system/index.html . Ventura bike is the manufacture in New Zealand, I can not remember who I purchased the brackets from stateside. Brackets were cut, hammered flat, bent, drilled, and touched up with black spray paint. They mount to the passenger foot rest bracket at bike frame to Givi side case holder. Our ZZR’s doesn’t have a bar underneath the frame that the ’99-’03 ZR7 has. These L-brackets solved the problem. Cut off piece is laying on the ground next to them.

Tubular side-case holder Givi PLB436, ’99 – ’03 ZR7 / ZR7S.
Left side attachment at passenger foot peg was easy, flatten bar some, and drill another hole in it.
Right side attachment at passenger foot peg required me to use a piece of scrape sheet metal between bar and foot peg.
Only other modification was bending my spare key, the tubular side case holder blocked access to open the rear seat, bent key solved that problem.
E21 side cases fit good, although the right one is barely touching the stock muffler. Maybe aftermarket cans are smaller diameter?

Top case holder Givi PB02 mounts without modification.

Here’s some pics of my bike with V46 topcase and Silver E21 Side Cases installed.

Enjoy,
Tripntx

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whick brand aftermarket exhaust can is smaller in diameter than the stock one? Not interested loud, considerate of my neighbors at 0500 in the morning, but need more clearance between case and can.

·
5,547 Posts

·
5,547 Posts
I was looking at the dimensions of the E21 and E360 bags. The E21 is L16.5" x W7.5" x H13.5". And the E360 is L22.3" x W16.7" x H11.0". The E360 is 2.5 inches shorter than the E21. The E360 has 40 liter capacity and the E21 has a 21 liter capacity. I really think that if I mounted the tubular side-case holders Givi PLB436, ’99 – ’03 ZR7 / ZR7S the same way you did, but without the top case that the E360's being 2.5 inches shorter than the E21's there would be enough exhaust clearance with my Yoshimura RS-3. What do you think? Jay

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe those E360 would work out excellent with an aftermarket can, considering the diminsions you just posted.

I removed the modified Ventura J bars and checked rigidity. The left side is excellent, the right side still requires the J bar because all I did to attach the GIVI support bar was use a thin/flimsy piece of sheet metal as an adapter. Hook the right side up with a sturdier bracket, and you wouldn't need the Ventura J bars at all.

Attachments

·
5,547 Posts
Thanks, I am very impressed with your mod to the Givi mounting brackets. So much I made it a "Sticky". I felt your hard work was worthy of it. This is a mod I may consider this winter. But without the top case. I like it but don't need it. Just the E360's. And they come is Silver. I wonder how close of a match they are to the Kawasaki Galaxy Silver? Jay

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never compared my Givi cases with a silver bike before I painted them. One thing, if they are to far off, then it would be easy for a painter to correct them. Sanding and spraying over GIVI paint is much easier than prepping unpainted pastic.

·
5,547 Posts
tripntx said:
Someone on STN just did this mod with black E21 side cases on a silver ZZR600. His how to is at the end of my post.

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,9281.new.html#new

Thanks man! It appears that he didn't cut the top cross member like you did. Therefore there would be no need to grind off the bottoms of the passenger grab rails. Very cool. Also after drilling and fitting I would consider taking the part to a metal machine shop and have the ends cut, pressed and round off on the ends. To give it a cleaner install look with the finished product. Jay

·
5,547 Posts
I believe he sold the bike and got a Yamaha FJR1300.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ah, I would love to get the dimensions off the rack. They discontinued it, so i'm going to have my uncle help build me one hopefully, he's a welding instructor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts