Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying the sidebag mounts for my current topcase mount, and I was wondering if that's a quick bolt on, or a completely separate kit. Also, where would one reccommend to shop for GIVI?

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
370 Posts
twisted throttle had awesome service when I bought my bag. They actually called my house to tell me they were out of something and to confirm my order. the packing was well done, unlike a resent order I got from another company. The boxes came in one piece, had sufficient stuffing, were not over filled and overall I had a pleasant buying experience. I will be shopping with them in the future.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Cool, it's nice to know I made a good choice by going with twisted throttle. By the way, I noticed their prices are lower than others' after going through VIVID1's links, though not by a whole lot.

Now I'm just wondering... the rack I ordered is listed on another site as not compatible with the case I bought, but TT say it will as long as you get the right plate. Hmm. I'll find out in a few days, I guess :)

Mike, I remember that the toprack for some bikes will not work with sidebags (unless you can weld in some mods?). It doesn't seem to be an add-on kind of thing. You may have to get a whole new rack.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the liniks and suggestions. I guess if I end up getting some sidecase plates and bags, I'll just rig up my own mounts.

·
Ducati 696 Rider
332 Posts
Thanks for the sites. I'm looking into Givi myself.

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Obviously, depends on the bike I suppose.

I had Givi top case mount and ordered SW-Motech sidemount racking and they both work well together. They use the same bolt under the seat, near the back but don't interfere.

I have a FZ6 (an FZ6?!?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts