Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Looking good! I assuming it's removable for the short stints.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, you just turn the key and push a button and it pops right off.

You are left with the rack, but that kind of flows with the bike. (in my humble opinion)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Conehead said:
Yeah, you just turn the key and push a button and it pops right off.

You are left with the rack, but that kind of flows with the bike. (in my humble opinion)
I must agree. I've seen alot of racks :D and this one does flow with the bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.azmotorsports.com/

The rack was $ 117

The case $ 250

There are different size cases, with and without the built in brake light. So you can spend less, or more if you want if color matched to the bike.
You can even get a backrest for you passenger.

The one I have is the Maxima 52 (liters) It will hold two helmets to give you an idea of the size.
The entire red part across the back is a brake light, makes me feel a little better at night...

Oh yeah, they have another rack that you can add two side cases too.
Would have to do alot of touring to make that set up worth while.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Conehead said:
http://www.azmotorsports.com/

The one I have is the Maxima 52 (liters) It will hold two helmets to give you an idea of the size.
The entire red part across the back is a brake light, makes me feel a little better at night...

Oh yeah, they have another rack that you can add two side cases too.
Would have to do alot of touring to make that set up worth while.
This is what my husband has on his FJR and it's pretty big. Yes, two helmets can fit, we've tried it. He also has the padded back rest and a rack that sits on top of the Givi and the brake light. It's very nice if you're looking into any touring. He's also got the saddle bags but they came with the bike, not Givi but they all match.

I think if I got the one for the FZ6, I would opt with a little smaller one. It just seems that the big one is just too much. Although, I am surprised that in your pic, it just doesn't look as big.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The case does not effect the way the bike rides or handles at all.

If I pack it tight for my trip this weekend, I might bump the rear shock setting to 4, if the case is over 20 lbs.

Anyway, go for it. You won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Kind of hard to see pics, but thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'd love to see a daylight pick of the bike with the seat on, both with and without the box. This looks like it might be just the ticket for my work commute (especially in the rain).

Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
103 Posts
Your right about the 'flowing' part. If I did more serious touring then I would be all over that.
very nice!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Love the Camaro, nice color choice!

By the way the givi rack and trunk look great!!! They along with the hard saddlebags are definately on my wish list.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been trying to decide over tail or saddle bags, type, styles, shapes, etc. I have a bit of a commute everyday and am in need of watertight piece with a liitel room and doesnt' take away from our sporty looking bikes. The Givi deos look really nice. I can't help but wonder about it sticking way out/up there like that. I dont race around town or anything, all interstate, but how does it feel in turns? Does it catch much wind? Basically, can you fell it back there at all? Oh, I like the extra tail lite too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, you can't tell that it's on the bike.

I just got back fron a 600 plus mile trip to mountains. Had 20 lbs. in the case, and never noticed it, even in the hills...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts