Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ROCKLIN, Calif. — Two California teenagers were arrested after they gave one of the girl's parents milkshakes spiked with prescription sleeping pills so she could use the Internet past her curfew, police said.

The medicated shakes worked, but the parents became suspicious when they woke up groggy the next morning, Rocklin police Lt. Lon Milka told The Sacramento Bee () in a story Thursday. They obtained a drug kit from police so they could test themselves for tampering, Shakes were spiked, cops say - Crime - The Sacramento Bee

The tests came back positive, and the couple went back to police with the results. Their 15-year-old daughter and her 16-year-old friend were taken to Juvenile Hall on Saturday and booked on suspicion of conspiracy and willfully mingling a pharmaceutical with food, Milka said.

Child therapist Leslie Whitten Baughman told The Bee that while it is normal for adolescents to act out while asserting their individuality, drugging their parents "would not be a healthy level of rebellion."

Milka said the younger girl told investigators that she thought her parents' Internet policy was too strict. Internet access at the family's home was shut off every night at 10, he said.

"The girls wanted to use the Internet, and they'd go to whatever means they had to," he said.

Authorities are not identifying the teens because they are minors. Placer County prosecutors have not yet decided whether to file charges.

Girls Drug Parents To Use Internet: Cops

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Fucking kids are it of control these days. I am glad the parents had them selves greeted and turns those little brats in.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
^s'truth.

ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
We use all these internets phones and gadgets as the proverbial beating stick. Kid don't behave.. Return iPhone to factory settings and remove sim.. Replace with 1990 bit of crap and leave to sulk. Fancy assed water pistols are left in the fridge overnight and become get the fuck up for school NOW guns. And various other tech sticks are used as you never let the kids know any passwords for anything ;-)

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I think that London pollution has gotten to him.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
so simple to just program the router to shut off access at 10PM.

I am guessing the kids used ambian. I feel a bit of over reaction, I know its a *gasp* PRESCRIPTION DRUG, but what if the girls had put Melatonin in there instead? I don't think its something you should go to jail over. I've taken ambian and its not even close to date rape strength..... just sayin.

I honestly think spanking your kids make them more aggressive and teaches them physical pain is a means of controlling others. Much better to show your kids then actual legitimate consequences of their actions and educate; than to smack them.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts

I am guessing the kids used ambian. I feel a bit of over reaction, I know its a *gasp* PRESCRIPTION DRUG, but what if the girls had put Melatonin in there instead? I don't think its something you should go to jail over. I've taken ambian and its not even close to date rape strength..... just sayin.

I honestly think spanking your kids make them more aggressive and teaches them physical pain is a means of controlling others. Much better to show your kids then actual legitimate consequences of their actions and educate; than to smack them.
Please say you don't plan to reproduce...................

·
Registered
2,892 Posts

Spanking turned me into a decent individual trying to live on his own and learn that every action has a consequence whether good or bad. Not spanking raised spoiled brats who run to mom and Dad every time something doesn't go their way. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
848 Posts
there is nothing quite like seeing your dad's HUGE hand coming your direction to set ya straight!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts