Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall. I have one girl that has been in girl scouts for a while. I have another that started this year. Right now they are doing magazine subscription stuff and selling nuts. The cool thing is they do it online now as well as on paper. I am not asking that you get anything you don't want but if you have a magazine that you need to renew or you want a new one. If you need nuts to use as christmas presents to the inlaws or whatever ... Here are links that you can get it done and help my girls all at the same time. Spread the wealth ... if one of them is already at their goal or whatever then just close the link and use the other link for it. I really want my little one to have a good first year experience with all of this. Thanks again yall... here are the links.

Kristin's links (the first year girl)
E-Nuts Plus Home
QSP Personalized Pages

Mariah's links (the Junior)
E-Nuts Plus Home
QSP Personalized Pages

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I don't get the appeal of girl scouts. Sure it gives them something to do, but what do they learn other than how to sell cookies? (Or magazines and... nuts?)

I just think it's sad that girl scouts can't be more like boy scouts. Maybe I'm wrong and girl scouts go backpacking, camping, kayaking, and climbing all the time. I got a lot out of boy scouts and the leaders are so dedicated to the program. Wilderness survival seems way cooler to any kid than solicitation.

You could get them in an adventure crew with the boy scouts.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
I don't get the appeal of girl scouts. Sure it gives them something to do, but what do they learn other than how to sell cookies? (Or magazines and... nuts?)

I just think it's sad that girl scouts can't be more like boy scouts. Maybe I'm wrong and girl scouts go backpacking, camping, kayaking, and climbing all the time. I got a lot out of boy scouts and the leaders are so dedicated to the program. Wilderness survival seems way cooler to any kid than solicitation.

Camping

They do, but because they are female. They are only known for their cookies, because the USA are a bunch of sexual morons.

Also, how are the politics in Girl Scouts? I know boy scouts are horrible when it comes to politics.I was in the Boy Scouts for many years and almost became a Eagle Scout, but quit. They don't allow Gays or Athiests in their ranks, way to much politics and religion in it. Yet, just like the Catholic church, there is a lot of sexual abuse going on in the Boy Scouts, they are finally releashing their records they said.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Camping

They do, but because they are female. They are only known for their cookies, because the USA are a bunch of sexual morons.

Also, how are the politics in Girl Scouts? I know boy scouts are horrible when it comes to politics.I was in the Boy Scouts for many years and almost became a Eagle Scout, but quit. They don't allow Gays or Athiests in their ranks, way to much politics and religion in it. Yet, just like the Catholic church, there is a lot of sexual abuse going on in the Boy Scouts, they are finally releashing their records they said.
The only place I see girl scouts are in front of stores selling cookies. And I buy them because they're good cookies. That makes me a sexual moron?

Boy scouts is don't ask don't tell, just the way it should be. We were never required to go to church, and not once was anyone asked their sexuality.

Pedophiles will find children any way they can, and it is the parents responsibility to make sure their kids are safe. I saw too many parents of scouts drop off the kids and never participate at all, or even get to know the leaders. That's plain stupid, and anyone who judges an organization with hundreds of thousands of members by a few bad apples is equally as stupid.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
My girlfriend has been a girl scouts/brownies (younger version of girl scouts) leader for years. They are an excellent organization, and it is much less developed here than it is in the USA. Yes, they sell cookies - which is a useful learning experience in and of itself. On top of that though they also go on camping trips, and learn all kinds of arts and crafts and hands-on skills. I think the BIGGEST positive to the Girl Scouts though is that (at least from what I've been exposed to) is that a lot of the girls that are members are girls that are not necessarily part of the "cool kids" group at their school, and can be socially awkward. Being a member of Girl Scouts gives them a chance to be on even ground and interact with other children their own age, which can be a HUGE boost to their self-esteem.

I can't fathom why anyone would criticize the model that the Girl Scouts follows. Yes, there are some bad apples, much as in every walk of life. But on the VAST whole, it is an organization that means to do good.

Plus, it gets my gf out of the house one evening a week so I can sit around and drink beer and fart and play video games. And get cookies.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

Are you a father and have any of your daughters been in the Girl Scouts?

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
God forbid they learn capitalism

My bad.. Allah/Buddha/Ganesh/goddess/god/divine feminine/whatever forbid they learn capitalism.

Have to be PC you know

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
The op asked if you wanted nuts or a magazine.... When did this turn into a huge debate..... Keep the debating to political forum. Lol. Oh Yay for election season.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Boy scouts is don't ask don't tell, just the way it should be. We were never required to go to church, and not once was anyone asked their sexuality.
Except the BSA has come out and said that they do not allow Gays or Atheists/Agnostics. In the oath, you have to pledge faith to a god, though they don't care which.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
my daughter (really me) sold 63 cans of nuts! #2 in the troop, and that was after we lost the initial order form and i had to retake it back to the office and do it all over again

really i just laid it at the coffee station. lol

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Hey yall. I have one girl that has been in girl scouts for a while. I have another that started this year. Right now they are doing magazine subscription stuff and selling nuts. The cool thing is they do it online now as well as on paper. I am not asking that you get anything you don't want but if you have a magazine that you need to renew or you want a new one. If you need nuts to use as christmas presents to the inlaws or whatever ... Here are links that you can get it done and help my girls all at the same time. Spread the wealth ... if one of them is already at their goal or whatever then just close the link and use the other link for it. I really want my little one to have a good first year experience with all of this. Thanks again yall... here are the links.

Kristin's links (the first year girl)
E-Nuts Plus Home
QSP Personalized Pages

Mariah's links (the Junior)
E-Nuts Plus Home
QSP Personalized Pages
I'll print out what they're selling and see what I can drum up at work, I'm always buying from the kids at work so I will help redistribute the wealth to your kids order forms :)

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll print out what they're selling and see what I can drum up at work, I'm always buying from the kids at work so I will help redistribute the wealth to your kids order forms :)
Thanks brother. You are the man... ace boon **** even!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts