Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In HP that is. I just saw in Cycle World where Veloscity Racing made their own turbo busa that cranks out 500HP. Their goal is 575. So far they have spent about $54,000 on it. Anybody seen this?

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Yeah, I don't think Ghostrider's intention was ever to get into any "horsepower war" with anyone else as to who has the baddest Busa. It will take quite a unique individual to outdo what Ghostrider has been doing as far as video goes. Sure. I have seen other videos of riders lanesplitting through traffic, but nothigh even close to what he does. Long live the Ghostrider.

And actually 500hp Busa are becoming more and more common. All it takes is someone wanting to shell out the dough and they can hit the 500hp mark pretty easily any more.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
^^^ Amen to that. GR is a one of a kind. I saw the site NLR had some time ago with a 670 HP Busa they were prepping for Bommeville. They were shooting for a production turbo class record of 272 mph had trouble getting traction enough to overcome wind resistance. Went only 268 tieing there previous record I believe.... not 100% on the actual speeds. I just know it was dam fast. :eek:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I saw that bike, and thought that it was just crazy. It is a nice bike, but I cant see spending 54K on a busa. I guess if HP is your thing, than there it is.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't say he was outdone all together. I think GR is one of a kind and it will be awhile (if ever) that somebody cold take his place.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I thought that also........but who cares, GR is awsome

·
Registered
377 Posts
Got a link to the Ghost rider?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts