Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is very disappointing! I was planning on attending from the very beginning, but F^]<ing work has to screw everything up:upyours !!!!

I will no longer be riding/camping/drinking/have a great time/repeating. . . .I just had a job take a turn for the worse and need to leave town for LA on Thursday and won't be returning until next week Tuesday. Terrible timing!!!!

If there is another meet somewhere sometime I'll be there. . .I'll keep my eyes on the boards when I'm not out riding.

Enjoy guys, trust me, I wish I could be there (I even had a pair of ramps that are scheduled to arrive at my house tomorrow from the Northern Hydraulics catalog).

F-ing work always gets in the way!!!:ar:finger:boid

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Saturday, 10am ... -ish.
I'll be around Gettysburg friday as well
I'll be camping next to chainzilla friday as well. My estimate is we won't leave the parking lot on Saturday until 11am, by the time everyone gets done meeting and greeting. :)

Jjm1024, sorry to hear you can't make it. I know how it is when it comes to work, I missed the FZ1 rally at the gap last weekend. Oh well, without our jobs, we wouldn't be able to ride at all. I'll drink a few beers for ya. :cheers

·
Registered
327 Posts
Okay, only 4 days til the Gettysburg Meet. I'd really like to get a more accurate headcount on those that are coming, so post up if you plan on attending.

I decided I'm not going to post up a route before the meet. I have one mapped out, but I figure those of us that are camping Friday night will look it over and finalize the route. Hope this suits everyone.
I'm screwed up with work as well. I thought things would ease up by now but they haven't, I'm still working 6 days a week and with Father's Day on Sunday, Saturday will be my work day. Sorry, wish I coulda' done it, but it just ain't gonna happen this time. KEP, you can scratch jazzcatt+1. I'll try again next time.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'm screwed up with work as well. I thought things would ease up by now but they haven't, I'm still working 6 days a week and with Father's Day on Sunday, Saturday will be my work day. Sorry, wish I coulda' done it, but it just ain't gonna happen this time. KEP, you can scratch jazzcatt+1. I'll try again next time.
Bummer, I was looking forward to meeting up with you. We'll have to get together for a ride sometime. We can head up towards Raystown. I'm sure Pelon would be up for a ride, hopefully Chainzilla as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I should arrive at the campground early on Friday evening. I've reserved site #30. Two of my buddies who were supposed to come along are not coming, so I have room for more campers at my site. See you all there :cheers

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm riding down from Connecticut to Delaware Thursday night and then I'll leave from Delaware and head over to the camp site Friday afternoon/evening with a friend. Thanks for reserving a spot chainzilla.

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
Does anyone who's coming have Cortech sport saddle bags who could perhaps show me how best to connect mine?
Would love to get a first hand look at someone who has successfully mounted them on the FZ6. Mine just don't seem to be fitting like I had hoped.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Does anyone who's coming have Cortech sport saddle bags who could perhaps show me how best to connect mine?
Would love to get a first hand look at someone who has successfully mounted them on the FZ6. Mine just don't seem to be fitting like I had hoped.
I don't have cortech saddlebags, but I'm sure we (the group) can figure them out. Nothing like 8 different opinions :lao

Is anyone riding with you Fizzer?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wish I could, I have the saddle bags and tail bag. I could snap a picture for you sometime and post it up. I actually like how my saddle bags fit.

I put the skinnier front Velcro strap through the small front 'slit' in the stock grab bars. The wider Velcro strap I put under the the stock grab bars. I then take the clip straps and loop them through the rear sets just like how "DefyInertia" does it in the pic at the top of page three. The only difference is I have the taller part of the bag facing the back of the bike (reversed from DefyInertia's setup).

Hope that makes some sense to you.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Looks like we have about 11 for the ride on Saturday. A friend of mine is riding up from D.C. at some point. Looks like we'll have a good turnout :banana

·
Registered
327 Posts
Bummer, I was looking forward to meeting up with you. We'll have to get together for a ride sometime. We can head up towards Raystown. I'm sure Pelon would be up for a ride, hopefully Chainzilla as well.
Thanks, yeah, I was looking forward to it as well, '06 was a blast. Re: riding, Pelon and I PM'd about it a while ago, my SO and I are out that way almost every weekend it's decent weather, so yeah, we should plan to meet you guys out there sometime and you can show us some of the roads you know, or you can come along with us. I'll give you a heads up whenever we're gonna be out that way and hopefully our schedules will sync at some point.

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
Wish I could, I have the saddle bags and tail bag. I could snap a picture for you sometime and post it up. I actually like how my saddle bags fit.

I put the skinnier front Velcro strap through the small front 'slit' in the stock grab bars. The wider Velcro strap I put under the the stock grab bars. I then take the clip straps and loop them through the rear sets just like how "DefyInertia" does it in the pic at the top of page three. The only difference is I have the taller part of the bag facing the back of the bike (reversed from DefyInertia's setup).

Hope that makes some sense to you.
Now that I read this....maybe I have the darn things on...backwards. :lao

FZ1-KEP: I don't have any plans to ride up with anyone. Not looking like any of the VA crew is planning to attend. :shrug:
No big deal, Gettysburg is only 1.5 hours from me if I don't stop and haul some tail.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Now that I read this....maybe I have the darn things on...backwards. :lao

FZ1-KEP: I don't have any plans to ride up with anyone. Not looking like any of the VA crew is planning to attend. :shrug:
No big deal, Gettysburg is only 1.5 hours from me if I don't stop and haul some tail.
Are you gonna camp Sat night? There's plenty of room.

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
Are you gonna camp Sat night? There's plenty of room.
Unfortunately I will not be camping. I'll be staying with a friend in Mechanicsburg/Dillsburg area where I'm helping her install a new timing belt, tensioner, waterpump on her car (and enjoy some darn good cooking while there for my trouble!)

I do plan to cruise with you guys on Saturday, at least till 2pm or so.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Ok so here's my plan as it stands right now. I will ride to my house in Gouldsboro, PA tonight. In the morning I will ride to Gburg, it is a 3 hr ride from there. I will hang all day Saturday and then catch a hotel room on the way back to Gouldsboro Saturday night.
See all you guys at the Wally World lot at 10 am. :cheers

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
I'm out guys. :(

My roomate was in a serious car accident so I've decided to stick around this weekend. Take pictures for me!

·
Dirty Sanchez
1,180 Posts
I can't make it either. I'm visiting my bro in NJ. Plus i have the knobbies on the bike... makes for bad canyon carving.
Apor

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I can't make it either. I'm visiting my bro in NJ. Plus i have the knobbies on the bike... makes for bad canyon carving.
Apor
you suck.
we will miss you

41 - 60 of 89 Posts