Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
damn, im still suckin on the teet when it comes to cycles. i only got 600 total under my belt! i done a few 100 mile treks, ill have to see about headin up your way tho..... anyone in MD tho?
where in MD? I'll be coming up from VA via Route 15 through Frederick Maryland. I recommend that route up it's much better than going to baltimore and out 70 or the PA turnpike.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I sent out a PM to those that expressed interest in camping. If I missed someones name, let me know, and I'll forward you the info. Chainzilla did all the work in finding a place to camp, so :cheers Chainzilla

We can put 5 people per site, with 4-5 bikes per site as long as they fit in the parking area.

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
uhhh are Suzy DR650s allowed? i am now officially fizzerless.
apor
THUMPA-THUMPA-THUMPA-BRAAAAAP-BRAAAAAAAAAP

I miss my DR but at least it went to a good home. I'm a fizzerless traitor as well. :)

·
Dirty Sanchez
1,180 Posts
haha you got the sound right. wonder how i'll keep up with donlop 606's on it. i guess if a turn gets too tight, i can safely continue into the woods.
apor

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
Bump

Who is getting a room either in Gettysburg or nearby? During the first G-Burg meet some of us stayed in town which worked out well for walking to restaurants and bars. I know Kep, Zilla, and others are planning to camp. I'm not gonna be camping and am into getting a room but don't want to be the only one staying in town.

I live close, so going home after the ride on Sat works for me but if anyone else is staying downtown speak up and I'll reserve a room at the travelodge so I can have some beers, wander to the next bar, have a beer, and so on...

:beer

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
FZ-1 KEP
Could you please edit the first post in this thread to include the time and place (walmart) of the meeting on Saturday. Thanks. See you guys next weekend.

I checked Google maps and found that Gburg is only 3 hours from my lake house in the Poconos, so that won't be as bad as a 5 hr ride from my home on Long Island.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
FZ-1 KEP
Could you please edit the first post in this thread to include the time and place (walmart) of the meeting on Saturday. Thanks. See you guys next weekend.

I checked Google maps and found that Gburg is only 3 hours from my lake house in the Poconos, so that won't be as bad as a 5 hr ride from my home on Long Island.
Sure, but we need to decide on a time. What is convenient for everyone? 10am? The ride, etc, will prolly take ~5-6 hours if we plan on stopping and checking out some of the scenery (i.e. covered bridges), and eating. I think the East Broad top railroad will be open, so we can make a stop there (pictures?).

Oh and Pelon, I plan on fording the river :)

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Who else plans on getting a hotel room? Anyone? Its only a week away, so everyone thats in, make sure you post up and let your plans be known. I will modify the first post to get a count of who all is showing up, then we'll go from there.

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts

·
liquid cooled fool
743 Posts
Sure, but we need to decide on a time. What is convenient for everyone? 10am? The ride, etc, will prolly take ~5-6 hours if we plan on stopping and checking out some of the scenery (i.e. covered bridges), and eating. I think the East Broad top railroad will be open, so we can make a stop there (pictures?).

Oh and Pelon, I plan on fording the river :)
10am sounds good to me.

We're gonna laugh when you fall over.
Is this going to be part of the tour or do we have to pay extra for this exibition ? :)

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Okay, only 4 days til the Gettysburg Meet. I'd really like to get a more accurate headcount on those that are coming, so post up if you plan on attending.

I decided I'm not going to post up a route before the meet. I have one mapped out, but I figure those of us that are camping Friday night will look it over and finalize the route. Hope this suits everyone.

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
Ok so you are meeting up at
We are meeting at the Wal Mart in Gettysburg. 1270 York Rd, Gettysburg, PA - Google Maps It is right on RT 30, across from Sheetz, which is near the RT 15/RT 30 intersection.
But when? Friday, saturday? times? I'm still trying to decide whether to come up or not.

- J

21 - 40 of 89 Posts