Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gettysburg Meet - RSVP and Hotel/Camping Thread

Okay, as most know, the date has been set for the Gettysburg meet. June 13-15. I think it would be helpful if we got a more formal list of attendees, and where they are staying for lodging. I do not have a list of hotels, but I will post some in this first post when mentioned.

Please post up and say whether you are camping, or staying at a hotel, and if known, which hotel. I'll keep this first post updated with names and lodging info, that is if anyone shows interest in the thread. (The +1 after a name indicates # of guests)

Camping - 1 site, 3 people, 2 nights (friday & saturday) at Caledonia state park, $41. Same thing for 3 nights $56.50
One vehicle per site but no mention of motos.

Chainzilla
FZ1-KEP +1
Markgm +1

Hotels-please post name of hotel. Some options are Travelodge on Baltimore Street, or the Holiday Inn also on Baltimore St. Both are downtown near the action.

If you plan on staying in a hotel, post up ASAP!

Daytrippers/no group lodging
Confirmed:
PWGUNNY
ObxFZ6
Pelon717
Mbodell +1

Not 100% Confirmed:

:edit We are meeting at the Wal Mart in Gettysburg. 1270 York Rd, Gettysburg, PA - Google Maps It is right on RT 30, across from Sheetz, which is near the RT 15/RT 30 intersection.

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
I'm 75% in depending on living situation by then.
I'll be staying with friends though, no camping or hotel.

·
butt marker
1,715 Posts
I should be there (I think the baby will come early) I will also probably bring my dad and my one friend. Sorry they don't have fz6's though. (r6 and fjr)

I am still not sure if I am going to camp for the hell of it or not. If not, I will stay at the parents place in york.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
187 Posts
Damn if you guys dont mind your hotel being about 30 highway (thurmont is right on highway 15) minutes away you can shack up in thurmont, maryland. Super 8 was only charging like 60 a night a while back but im not sure wha tthey are charging now.
Emmitsburg, MD is about 20 minutes away in between thurmont and G-burg also. E-burg has a hotel but i have no idea on prices. i am in e-burg right now if anyone wants some prices on hotels and such. I live in between south mountain and g-burg but i am more familiar with the MD side of the border. If you are coming up from MD, there is some more camping near Thurmont with Catoctin state park and Cunningham falls all right off of US 15.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Lots of things are prohibited but nobody cares. How many people go camping to start trouble?

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
Yea, hotels in the Harrisburg, I-81 area are ridiculously expensive for some reason. Stick to the MD border area around Rt. 15, it's cheaper because it's away from the major interstate (I-81)

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'll be wherever chainzilla winds up with my McMansion tent again!

Ha the crazy big tent!! Oh the good old days.

Wish I could go since I did start the very 1st Gburgmeet, But Its hard for me to get any time off from work lately.

·
Registered
207 Posts
so, as a SBN newB, whats up with this meet? you guys just all get together and ride for awhile? or is it more manly tent bonding? :twofinger im in harford co MD, which is.. i dunno prolly a few hours away. I was up in york this weekend and that wasnt too bad for me, some guys that i ride with go up to the burg everynow and then so, it cant be tooo far. maybe ill make a day trip up

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
so, as a SBN newB, whats up with this meet? you guys just all get together and ride for awhile? or is it more manly tent bonding? :twofinger im in harford co MD, which is.. i dunno prolly a few hours away. I was up in york this weekend and that wasnt too bad for me, some guys that i ride with go up to the burg everynow and then so, it cant be tooo far. maybe ill make a day trip up
It's a meet, greet and ride with good people and nice bikes. A lunch break and more riding. It's always a good time as long as the weather is dry.

·
liquid cooled fool
743 Posts
Fellas, Im am so pissed that i cannot make it. I will be driving 3 hours in the opposite direction. damn. ah well
We will drink a case of PBR in your honor :beer

@gatgat : Whatever kind of bonding you're into, keep it inside your tent :twofinger
As far as the riding goes, we're planning on a 200mi route :banana

·
Registered
207 Posts
We will drink a case of PBR in your honor :beer

@gatgat : Whatever kind of bonding you're into, keep it inside your tent :twofinger
As far as the riding goes, we're planning on a 200mi route :banana
damn, im still suckin on the teet when it comes to cycles. i only got 600 total under my belt! i done a few 100 mile treks, ill have to see about headin up your way tho..... anyone in MD tho?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts