• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
liquid cooled fool
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The official weekend for the meet is June 13th - June 16th
Crappy weather backup date is July 11th - July 14th

I'm thinking Saturday for the main event and then if anyone feels up to it, a Sunday ride to shake off the hangover. I will be around Friday and Monday if anyone wants to hang around n' shoot shit.

We're meeting at 1270 York Rd, Gettysburg, PA

post here or PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
haha, after I voted, I thought I had made the most popular choice and then I realized I was the only one who had voted so far.

·
butt marker
1,715 Posts
I can do any of the dates, but may-june ones will be cutting it close with baby due date. I voted august, but in july would have probably been a better vote.

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
July 10~13 is Bike Week in G-Burg.

Gettysburg Bike Week 2008

Avoiding that would be best IMO. As a side note: For anyone planning to get motel rooms it's best to reserve early once dates are decided. There's always something going on in G-Burg.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Not to rain on the parade of the most popular weekend, but June 13th was the weekend I was going to do the Niagara meet, because of the Friday June 13th rally at Port Dover, Ontario. There will be over 100,000 bikes there on that one day!

·
FEAR the stapler...
1,230 Posts
Though I will probably live to regret it:

Anyone not wanting to shell out money for a hotel, I live 20 miles north of Gettysburg and can put up a few of you. I have a lot of space, just not much furniture.

I have thusfar abstained from voting as my personal opinion has no bearing on my professional opinion. Chances are whenever it is decided I'll tell my professional opinion to go pound sand.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Not to rain on the parade of the most popular weekend, but June 13th was the weekend I was going to do the Niagara meet, because of the Friday June 13th rally at Port Dover, Ontario. There will be over 100,000 bikes there on that one day!
Not to rain on your parade, but most ppl that would attend the east coast meet would not be making the trip up to Port Dover, IMO anyway.

Its good you posted this now though, so we can see if it would cause a confilict.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
July 10~13 is Bike Week in G-Burg.

Gettysburg Bike Week 2008

Avoiding that would be best IMO. As a side note: For anyone planning to get motel rooms it's best to reserve early once dates are decided. There's always something going on in G-Burg.
+1, although its not like most of the harley's venture too far from the bars, so the twisties would still be clear :lao but seriously, it would be best to avoid july 10-13

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'm good for any weekend, I just would prefer June instead of hot days like July and Aug.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm good for May 31, or after we get into August.

·
Banned
436 Posts
To my fellow Pennsylvania Riders
just a reminder about PA Motorcycle Laws:
#1 The passenger can ride on the back without a helmet if she has a full PA Motorcycle License, ( if she has no bike license or just a permit, she will be cited for failing to wear a helmet)
#2 If you lend your bike out to anybody without a motorcycle license or permit and they get pulled over, they will be cited and YOU, the owner of the bike WILL ALSO be cited too!
#3 Wheelies are considered wreckless driving and is a $620 fine and 4 points.
#4 Speeding and going over 2 times the speed limit on any highway with a 55 and 65 speed limit, you will lose your drivers license for 90 days.

Note: I will not break any above laws with you guys
if you wanta have fun kicking Harleys over or sweet talking the trash girls on the back of Harleys thats ok.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm not sure what date to vote yet.

I need to make a decision between Gettysburg (my g/f went to college there and thinks it sounds like fun to go back to the old stomping grounds) or the Friday the 13th meet in Ontario (closer to home, Buffalo, NY, and more bikes).

Still deciding. . . . .

·
Registered
731 Posts
To my fellow Pennsylvania Riders
just a reminder about PA Motorcycle Laws:
#1 The passenger can ride on the back without a helmet if she has a full PA Motorcycle License, ( if she has no bike license or just a permit, she will be cited for failing to wear a helmet)
#2 If you lend your bike out to anybody without a motorcycle license or permit and they get pulled over, they will be cited and YOU, the owner of the bike WILL ALSO be cited too!
#3 Wheelies are considered wreckless driving and is a $620 fine and 4 points.
#4 Speeding and going over 2 times the speed limit on any highway with a 55 and 65 speed limit, you will lose your drivers license for 90 days.

Note: I will not break any above laws with you guys
if you wanta have fun kicking Harleys over or sweet talking the trash girls on the back of Harleys thats ok.
I'm guessing you've never gone on a ride with any of us.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts