Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 CBR 929RR that I love but I want a newer liter bike. Anyone chime in that has bought one of the newer class of liter bikes?

I am leaning towards 2004 and up R1 but the Cow ZX10 looks mighty good.. then there is the Gixxer 1K but never been a Suzuki fan.

If I can score a Repsol 1000RR that would be sweet too..

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The gixxer is a bad ass bike (biased opinion :) )The Zx10 and R1 are both excellent bikes as well. If I didnt get the gixxer I would have chosen one of the 2. The kawi for performance and the r1 on looks not that the r1 is lacking in the power department. I've never been a fan of the repsol. Call me old fashioned but that would just look funny going down the street. Theres nothing wrong with getting opinions but the most important thing is for you to get what you like you're gonna be the one riding it. Maybe its just me but when I was at the dealership shopping around I sat on the bike to see which one "felt" the best to me and when I sat on the gixxer I knew that was the one. To be honest when I 1st saw it on the internet I didnt like it that much but when I saw it in person and sat on one my whole attitude changed. Go sit on a few and see if that helps u decide.

·
Ducati Twins Rock
267 Posts
If you are going to upgrade, wait a few more months. Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Honda are all going to introduce revised literbikes for '06. Suzuki is a carry-over for next year.

If you don't find something that yanks your crank, then get a leftover '05 for even cheaper.

BTW, my 05 R1 is the bomb-diggity!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts