Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aite. I've hit 40 and, while I'm still in pretty good shape, I'm finding that my tolerance for for the sport-bike tuck is waning. I haven't been riding my bike as much, or for as long, as I used to... While my 929RR isn't the torture-rack my 900RR was, I'm seriously considering something more comfortable.

I've been looking at later ZX-11s, ZZR1200s and CBR1100s. Anybody own one or ride something similar? Obviously, these bikes aren't "flickable", but should be able to hold their own on the street, correct? Any input would be great...thanks!

·
Registered
844 Posts
...Ever consider the FJ 1300? More upright ergos, some touring capability and more comfortable without going all out Goldwing style...

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
Ever consider the super nakeds? Tuono, Superduke, Speed tipple, Z1000. Comfy and fast.
And the first two can easily out handle sportbikes and are comfy.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
keep the Honda and put a set of Convertibars on it. A custom seat and maybe some adjustable rear sets will make it much more comfortable.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
The new Kawasaki Concours is really nice, I'd love to own one.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
The concourse is a pig though, more of a sport tourer like the FJR.

I'd look into the bimmer K1200/k1300, the FZ1, speed triple, or even a busa/zx14 with helibars.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
bro, the only old guys I know at forty are all fat. I always tell them to go hungry all the time and stop eating everything they see. They just poop it out anyway.

Lean and mean is like a hunter. Ya know. So keep the bike get hungry and let the wife keep the remote.:twofinger

Oh, have the wife slap the side of your head HARD; it'll help you get over your funk.:banana

·
It wasn't me
3,508 Posts
VFR800

Less power than your 929, but sure as hell more sporty than a concourse or FJ. Throw in a power commander and gut the exhaust, and you've got a slighty b***** sportbike with sexy exhaust.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Personally, I would be looking at the FJR or the newer Triumph Sprint ST. Those bikes have always caught my attention and would give you what you're looking for.

I might also consider the Concourse. Those seem like sharp bikes and look like fun. :banana

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, I've ridden a lot of motorcycles. If you're looking for a bike that can hold it's own in the straights and on the corners I'd advise you look at both the Z1000 and FZ1. Both of them were extremely torque strong bikes. They were both very comfortable but the FZ1 offered more wind protection, which was nice. However, the super tight turning radii of the Z1000 was a nice surprise that I found very handy in parking lots.

Ian
REDLINE ENGINEERING - Sportbike Swingarm Paddock Race Stands Sport Bike Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Honda Yamaha Kawasaki

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
Aite. I've hit 40 and, while I'm still in pretty good shape, I'm finding that my tolerance for for the sport-bike tuck is waning. I haven't been riding my bike as much, or for as long, as I used to... While my 929RR isn't the torture-rack my 900RR was, I'm seriously considering something more comfortable.

I've been looking at later ZX-11s, ZZR1200s and CBR1100s. Anybody own one or ride something similar? Obviously, these bikes aren't "flickable", but should be able to hold their own on the street, correct? Any input would be great...thanks!
my 40 yr old riding buddy loves to tuck on his G 1K....

...you must be aging at a faster rate...lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Naked Bikes Forever & Ever!

Try a naked bike, they are real fun, handle extremely well, and generally are just as fast as other sport bikes. I've been riding my 2004 Tuono now for almost 3 years and have 49,000+ miles on it. I've been riding sport bikes for almost 35 years, my last three bikes in order have been the 2004 Tuono Factory Racing, 2005 SV 650 Standard, and a 2004 Triumph Sprint RS,you can go to my site and view them at www.faic.cc, look on the homepage in the index for bikes with FAIC pipes. It will open up pictures of those bikes.
I hope in 2010 Aprilia will build a naked version of the RSV-4, because I want one real bad, and that will be my next naked bike.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts