Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am getting a new jacket and gloves. i want a leather, and i was thinking of the alpinestars stunt jacket, anyone have one? or heard anything about them? as for gloves, i have no idea. i want ones that breathe well and offer good protection, with good hand movement. i don't really know much about gloves so anything you guys know about them would help me out. thanks.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
The A-stars jacket is a good bet. Whatever you get, make it the best you can afford. That is the main issue. Leather is obviously better than textile, but even that is better than nothing.

As for gloves, the A-stars Gp plus is also a good bet. Held puts out some very nice gloves too. I personally like the way JR looks, but I don't like the stitching so I avoid them. The Icons are the type either you love or hate. I don't have them and don't know anyone that does. They seem a bit too flashy for me.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The gloves Silent suggested are full gauntlet race gloves, and therefore offer great protection, but are VERY hot. Look into A-Stars SMX-5 for a good summer glove. They can be found at newenough.com.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
freeride said:
The gloves Silent suggested are full gauntlet race gloves, and therefore offer great protection, but are VERY hot. Look into A-Stars SMX-5 for a good summer glove. They can be found at newenough.com.
true they are hot most certainly. I do more track riding than street riding, so they work well for me. But you're right. I forgot to suggest going to newenough...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts