Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I talked to my career planner and come to find out that I am scheduled to go to recruiting school early in Jan 2013! Big surprise, especially since I haven't heard a word about anything since July/August timeframe. Given the events going on in my personal life, I am weighing if i can really do it and if I really want to do it with the Marines anymore or to blow off the orders (and 2 yr extension) to try another branch (preferrably Air Force). Either route is a gamble and once I pick a route there is no looking back.

I was pretty much caught off gaurd and I am trying to figure out how to make everything work out.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I think you'll be disappointed with the AF all said and done.

Mayne this is exactly what you need instead of can or can't do it.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
So I talked to my career planner and come to find out that I am scheduled to go to recruiting school early in Jan 2013! Big surprise, especially since I haven't heard a word about anything since July/August timeframe. Given the events going on in my personal life, I am weighing if i can really do it and if I really want to do it with the Marines anymore or to blow off the orders (and 2 yr extension) to try another branch (preferrably Air Force). Either route is a gamble and once I pick a route there is no looking back.

I was pretty much caught off gaurd and I am trying to figure out how to make everything work out.
I think it's a good idea to stick with it. If anything it'll give you some goals work toward while you deal with the personal issues instead of constantly brooding about the personal issues. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I would think that if you ate up the marine thing, the AF might be exactly as Jo said, disappointing.

but shit I'm not a military person and am going off of stereotypes, so my opinion is kinda worthless.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Why is that?
In my experience with Marines... They seem to fall into two categories... Those embody the spirit mind body and soul... And anything less than the high standards if the Corps just won't do. Or there are people who don't give to shits and any ole way will work.

People who are Marines and take tremendous pride on their blues and all it stands for tend to not deal as well with the business like and much more casual atmosphere that accompanies the AF... It's just more familiar and relaxed.

There are people who do fall between there but it seems to be a fairly polarized thing... And again... Just my experience. Right wrong or indifferent I don't care and have no judgement most.of the time one way or the other but... it is what I have seen.

Reactions: The Predator
1 - 6 of 6 Posts