Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to a conclusion that i'd probably rather get shit on by a bird in front of a group of super models than get hit in the neck with any more debris while riding. Seems like everywhere i go i get stuck behind a dump truck or lawn service vehicle kicking up all kinds of dirt, and whatever else, and I always get plastered in the neck. It hurts like hell too. I Guess I could do the "speed tuck" at 45 mph, but then i look like a super-homo. I just can't win. Maybe it's just me, but the neck is the absolute worst spot to get hit. Just kinda a vent, no real purpose to this thread :cheers

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I almost always get hit in the damn neck by debris too. Also, if my visor is open, it is inevitable that whatever is going to come into my helmet goes right into my fucking eyes. Never fucking fails.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've been hit in the neck w/ people throwing their cigarettes out the window. Thats the worst.

·
Registered
333 Posts
adamf2 said:
I almost always get hit in the damn neck by debris too. Also, if my visor is open, it is inevitable that whatever is going to come into my helmet goes right into my fucking eyes. Never fucking fails.
Since your eyes are directly behind the visor, where exactly do you expect it to go? I mean really.

You sound like someone who would shoot their foot off and be surprised it hurt. That's exactly how ridiclous that statement sounded.
:bitchslap :neener

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Heath3n said:
Since your eyes are directly behind the visor, where exactly do you expect it to go? I mean really.

You sound like someone who would shoot their foot off and be surprised it hurt. That's exactly how ridiclous that statement sounded.
:bitchslap :neener

How about the nose or the cheek bone? ass

·
Registered
333 Posts
adamf2 said:
How about the nose or the cheek bone? ass
Oh c'mon don't be hostile...I mean really.....sure the nose or the cheekbone is a slight possibility....but I have a breath guard...so it's very slight. The eyes are like 70 percent of the area behind the visor...I'm just fwy...

:beer

·
Registered
483 Posts
Its always entertaining checking out the wildlife stuck to your helmet after a ride in the country.I had a nice road up north a few days ago, and I had a live (but mashed) dragonfly in my air vent... And the blackflies looked like a wave of brown across the front. Between that and the headlights being equally covered I could hardly see at night. I have had lots of bees (some stinging while driving), bugs in the eyes, rocks in the throat, sand (that stings a bit), dirt, asphalt (that burns).

I nearly drove over some freakin' re-tread from a transport tonight... I don't know how bad that would be though??? Anyone have experience with that shit?

You just have to deal with it man, just stay away from those trucks and you'll be all good.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts