Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting harrassed about practicing in a parking lot?!

Ok, so a couple weeks ago i was crusing around the local industrial park. I found a huge, empty parking lot. It was around 7pm on a Friday night. I headed in and started messin around. Practicing my wheelies and endos, you know, just having fun away from everyone else :D

So, i got off my bike to stretch and a local cop pulls in. I was at the other end and i seen him at the entrance. I hopped on my bike and went over to him. He was an older cop, cool as shit. We were talking for about 15 mins. I know a couple local cops and he works with em, so we were gettin along good. He went on to say that this is a great spot to practice, stay safe and have a good night. Then he took off. I was pumped that i found a sweet parking lot to ride in and not get fucked with :headbang

The next week me and my friend were riding with a good friend who just got his first bike. We decided to take him to the parking lot to practice. It was a Saturday afternoon. We brought a camera to snap a few pics and planned on having a good time. But nooooo, we were there for maybe 10 mins when here comes one of them Environmental Police. There is a reservation right behind the Industrial Park so they are usually around. What a dick! He came screwing up to us and started bitching at us on how we shouldn't be here and how he could have us fucked right then and there :boid I told him a local cop said this was a great spot to practice, and not to mention the MSF suggests practicing in an empty parking lot. I said my friend isn't comfortable on the street yet and wants to practice somewhere away from traffic untill he gets comfortable with the bike. Since it's about a 5 min ride from my buddies hour, we figured it was a perfect spot.

He didnt care, said to go practice on the streets and to get out of there. Toward the end i smoothed him over and calmed him down with some slick talk :D He said that he understands we are here to practice, but he just deals with to many punks leaving burn outs and causing problems. Which i can understand. I just thought it was messed up that he didn't let us stay and gave us a good bitchin at. It was a private parking lot though, but the sign was on a tree about 15 feet in the air, and it was behind a bunch of branches and leaves. Not to easy to see. We didn't even see it till he pointed it out to us.

Ah well, i just felt like sharing the story. I found it funny when he said to go practice on the street as compared to an empty parking lot. I guess we can't win :twofinger

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
There is only one thing to do... put sugar in his gas tank. It's the only way.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, its the whole lawsuit thing. I'm a mall rent a cop and I have to kick people out all the time. It really sucks, because I know what they are trying to do (well most of the time, sometimes they are just being dicks) but I know the one time I let someone go ahead and play around, they'll crack thier head open or something and someone will say "Hey! that security guard saw him and did nothing about it!". Then it would be the unemployment line for me.....

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I was kidding about the sugar, you realize. Your actual course of action should include invading France. What... Don't question me. You have to be wary of those crafty Frenchmen.

·
Jerk
990 Posts
TheWraith said:
I was kidding about the sugar, you realize. Your actual course of action should include invading France. What... Don't question me. You have to be wary of those crafty Frenchmen.
It is always the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

There was an abandoned car on my street in front of my house for about 3 months. At one point some one stole the wheels, leaving it on blocks. The city wouldn't tow it cause it had a parking sticker. One day at the grocery store there was a sale on sugar, so we bought a bag and put it in the gas tank. About a week later my neighbor and my roomie got bored and took out all the windows with a slingshot and some lead balls. Then someone tagged the hell out of the car. City still wouldn't tow it. About a month later we awake to a horrible noise, only to see it had tires and some dude trying to start it up. We watched him start it after about 10 min and pull away, I wonder how far he got before the sugar kicked in. Never saw the car again.

Tom.

·
Registered
304 Posts
It's awesome how you twist the words of the MSF around to justify yourself. The MSF doesn't suggest practicing your wheelies and stunts in an empty parking lot. If you were practicing wheelies in my lot, I'd toss you out, too. Even if your buddy wasn't stunting, it may be private, but it's not YOURS. How tough is that to figure out?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
freeride said:
It's awesome how you twist the words of the MSF around to justify yourself. The MSF doesn't suggest practicing your wheelies and stunts in an empty parking lot. If you were practicing wheelies in my lot, I'd toss you out, too. Even if your buddy wasn't stunting, it may be private, but it's not YOURS. How tough is that to figure out?

It's awesome how you didnt read the whole paragraph.

He didn't say he was doing wheelies this time, he said his friend was just practicing in the parking lot because he was not comfortable for the street. That was a week later than the time he said he was in there alone practicing wheelies.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can thank all the people that are sue happy in this country. If you crash on private property you can sue the company that owns it and unfortunately people sometimes don't want to take responsibility for their own actions and look to blame others. I am teaching my wife to ride in the local high school parking lot. The police patrol it and have come over twice when we were there and said it was ok to learn there.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I've never actually put sugar in anyone's gas tank but I've heard as little as two teaspoons can cause the engine to croak after as little as a few miles. Back in high school, someone did pour a whole bag of sugar into a tank and the car ceased to function after about 6 city blocks. Don't know how long it had idled in the parking lot or whatever, though.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I tend to wonder wtf an environmental cop can do about someone trespassing in a parking lot. Unless you were molesting an short lobster at the time, I'd think it's none of his business.

·
Registered
117 Posts
f2benny said:
I tend to wonder wtf an environmental cop can do about someone trespassing in a parking lot. Unless you were molesting an short lobster at the time, I'd think it's none of his business.

hahhahahahha

·
Registered
905 Posts
TheWraith said:
I've never actually put sugar in anyone's gas tank but I've heard as little as two teaspoons can cause the engine to croak after as little as a few miles. Back in high school, someone did pour a whole bag of sugar into a tank and the car ceased to function after about 6 city blocks. Don't know how long it had idled in the parking lot or whatever, though.
sugar in gas does nothing to the engine if you have a halfway decent fuel filter. the filter will catch particles as large as sugar, and it wil then clog the filter. this will inhibit the flow of fuel to the engine, and it wont run. thats all that will happen. drop and clean the tank, blow out the lines, replace the filter, and youre good to go. being a mechanic, ive fixed several "sugared" gas tanks. :nerd

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
ftp... thats all i have to see about this thread..

·
Registered
304 Posts
IllKneeGrow said:
It's awesome how you didnt read the whole paragraph.

He didn't say he was doing wheelies this time, he said his friend was just practicing in the parking lot because he was not comfortable for the street. That was a week later than the time he said he was in there alone practicing wheelies.
I guess you didn't see the place where I said "even if you're buddy wasn't stunting". As I said, stunting or not, you can't claim that you're doing something on private property when it's NOT YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY.

It could be said that you were breaking the law by stunting AND trespassing.

·
Registered
521 Posts
freeride said:
I guess you didn't see the place where I said "even if you're buddy wasn't stunting". As I said, stunting or not, you can't claim that you're doing something on private property when it's NOT YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY.

It could be said that you were breaking the law by stunting AND trespassing.

How was he breaking the law when the cop told him it was OK :flipa

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
G L said:
sugar in gas does nothing to the engine if you have a halfway decent fuel filter. the filter will catch particles as large as sugar, and it wil then clog the filter. this will inhibit the flow of fuel to the engine, and it wont run. thats all that will happen. drop and clean the tank, blow out the lines, replace the filter, and youre good to go. being a mechanic, ive fixed several "sugared" gas tanks. :nerd

Isn't it supposed to blow the engine as it forms a sticky substance inside the cylinders???

What about a syrup???

·
Registered
905 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
Isn't it supposed to blow the engine as it forms a sticky substance inside the cylinders???

What about a syrup???
no no no. it wont "blow" anything. the worst case scenario is that it can potentially scratch a cyclinder wall in the very unlikely event that a solid granule makes it unharmed through the tank screen, through the fuel pump, through the fuel filter, through about ten feet of fuel line, past the fuel pressure regulator, into the fuel rail, through the .005" pintle hole of an injector, and then survives the rush of air through the intake port, past the valve and into the fiery inferno of the combustion chamber. if a solid granule of sugar can make it past all of that, and then still scratch an iron cylinder wall, then your luck just sucks ass.

as for syrup, it will most likely just dissipate in the gasoline, and make your car run like shit. in any case, the tank will need to be dropped, and the fuel system cleaned out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I always thought the sugar dissolved in the fuel than carmelized when it entered the combustion chamber. That is just what people say, I'm sure you know what you're talking about if you've had to fix a few tanks before. Good to know though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well, unless the enviro cop has anything to do with owning the parking lot in question..he has no right to kick anyone off the property. He could call the owners of said parking lot to inform them as to what's going on there but that's about it.

My FIRST question would've been "Do you own this parking lot?" If his answer came back with anything else then YES.....he would've been promptly told to fuck off. He has no business telling you what you can and can't do on property he isn't the owner of, regardless of how close it is to his reservation where he works.

BTW, I agree with freeride about the wheelies/stunting thing.....if you didn't have the owners permission, and it was MY lot, your ass would be in deep.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts