Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Honda F4i with about 7k miles. I got a OTD price of 4999 and they are putting some new Metzeler Sportec M-1's on it since the last tires were toast. They are also replacing the sprocket and break pads and few other minor things like spark plugs. I really don't know if the last owner was riding the bike like a mad man but besides the tires and breaks everything else is in perfect working condition. Bike has a jardine exhaust and chrome wheels which im not too fond of but looks fine since the bike is silver and black. Looks like the bike might have been dropped from a stand still or just nipped the edge of the fairing on something but there is no scratches anywhere else. They wouldn't throw any new gear in for free :rolleyes but said I could get any gear I needed at cost. Everyone has been buying new bikes for the summer so I haven't seen much used stuff, so i'm probably gonna hop on this puppy. Sounds good or wait for something else...?

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
$5k sounds *about right* for that bike from a dealership. You could probably find better deals from private sellers, especially because the exhaust and wheels dont strike you as an added bonus (me neither).

Expect to pay $5k to a private seller who's trying ot get rid of an 03' with 7k miles.

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
galen said:
2002 Honda F4i with about 7k miles. I got a OTD price of 4999 and they are putting some new Metzeler Sportec M-1's on it since the last tires were toast. They are also replacing the sprocket and break pads and few other minor things like spark plugs. I really don't know if the last owner was riding the bike like a mad man but besides the tires and breaks everything else is in perfect working condition. Bike has a jardine exhaust and chrome wheels which im not too fond of but looks fine since the bike is silver and black. Looks like the bike might have been dropped from a stand still or just nipped the edge of the fairing on something but there is no scratches anywhere else. They wouldn't throw any new gear in for free :rolleyes but said I could get any gear I needed at cost. Everyone has been buying new bikes for the summer so I haven't seen much used stuff, so i'm probably gonna hop on this puppy. Sounds good or wait for something else...?
is this your first bike?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first sportbike yes....now before the safety nazi's go crazy, I have dirtbikes in Texas that I've rode for years and I used to ride a buddies naked f2 around town. and YES i've taken MSF and YES I have valid endorsement on my license and YES I already got my full coverage quote for insurance of about 1400 a year.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It's a pretty fair deal. Are the rims aftermarket chrome or are they stock rims that have been chromed? Either way, you could easily find someone to swap the chrome ones for stock + $$.

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's a good deal, I'd say jump on it. I paid $5k for my '02 ZX-6R and it had only 2900 miles. Since you're getting a good tune-up on it for free it sounds like a good deal. Go for it, you'll love the bike!

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
galen said:
first sportbike yes....now before the safety nazi's go crazy, I have dirtbikes in Texas that I've rode for years and I used to ride a buddies naked f2 around town. and YES i've taken MSF and YES I have valid endorsement on my license and YES I already got my full coverage quote for insurance of about 1400 a year.
Nope. You're screwed. I'm calling on the other line with the Nazis as we speak! :neener

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sounds alright to me

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
That actually sounds like a pretty good deal.
Its right in the mid-range of book value. The exhaust really is an upgrade worth 400 at least.
The miles are nice and if they are throwing in new tires, brakes, etc you are gonna be set. It will be worth paying the $5000 and not have to dump more money into just to get it TRULY road worthy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts