41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· what R you lookin' at?
5,269 Posts
sure why not....i tell people that all the time.....:lol

many try, none succeed......ignoring me that is.......:roflmao

· #1 Gear Nazi
4,743 Posts
Racer X I think I should become your official sidekick :lol

We both think the same way and people ignore both of us, even though we are right about what we say.

· Super Moderator
18,531 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Racer X I think I should become your official sidekick :lol

We both think the same way and people ignore both of us, even though we are right about what we say.
I listen to both of you, as you both have alot of good info to give...The difference is X dosen't blast people for having a difference in opinion...FF, your post are consistent with extreme negativity towards ANYONE that has a different opinion than you...

· #1 Gear Nazi
4,743 Posts
L8 Braker: I'll give you that, I do need to calm down, I guess I just let that kind of stuff bug me, I can deal with differing opinions, just not when it comes to motorcycles. I guess you could say motorcycles are my "kung fu" and I don't like it when people think differently than I do, I'll lay off as much as I can.

· Super Moderator
18,531 Posts
firefighter81 said:
L8 Braker: I'll give you that, I do need to calm down, I guess I just let that kind of stuff bug me, I can deal with differing opinions, just not when it comes to motorcycles. I guess you could say motorcycles are my "kung fu" and I don't like it when people think differently than I do, I'll lay off as much as I can.
Here's some more irony to cloud things...I'm alot like you...I have alot of the same views as you...I'm a nurse in an emergency room, and I've seen everything nasty from simple road rash to decapitations from bike wrecks...I think people should wear gear...I think people should start small(er) and learn to ride...

But you can't argue with people on the internet...At least not to the extreme level...It's just not worth it...I hardly even post in the noob section wanting advice about bikes...It just seems to fall on deaf ears, and ends up being nothing more than letters on a screen...

Just something to think about...

· Registered
4,658 Posts
I think we should all take a moment to reflect.

· Registered
320 Posts
Kastivich said:
Not to jack this thread but how good are the stock Gixxer dampers?

They are good, I hit a pot hole while leaned over and moving very briskly. When the bike hit the pot hole the clip ons went hard to the left, and then the damper kicked in, and she was right back on track. It happened so dam fast, didn't get a chance to get scared, all I could do was marvel the dam damper for doing a super job.

However, about two months later, I purchased a Scotts. If the stocker works good, and they say the Scotts is better, was enough for me.

In fact, I will not ride a sportbike without a steering damper. IMO, they should be standard equipment on all modern sportbikes. I put a Scotts on my RC51 right away.

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

· Registered
84 Posts
The scotts is alot better (and hell of alot more adjustable) then the stock gsxr dampers. I know the first time I took my first 1k to the track I kept "floating" the front without relizing it until it came down and it shook on me. After scaring the crap out of myself a few times I got the scotts problem solved.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.