Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,141 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Exactly, and steering dampers weren't designed to make your squid-like wheelie recoveries any easier.
Fact is, they DO make squid-like wheelie recoveries easier, and they'll save your life.

BTW, quit acting like you're the shit because you're probably not. The best "stunters" I know are also the best twisties/track riders. Granted, they're not as good as those stunters in videos, but they can pull some nice tricks. Ever see Rossi ride over the finish line on one wheel and standing on the seat? Then he'll do doughnuts standing beside his bike. What a squid eh!
"Oh, I'm a pure motorcyclist, I don't do squidly crap like wheelies and stoppies. Of course I could do the sickest highchair you've ever seen, but I'm a REAL rider." Yeah, right....

I know of 3 guys around here that crashed in the last 2 years from tank slappers. None of them would have crashed had they had a steering damper. One guy died, one got very lucky and didn't even get hurt, and the last one had many injuries including a fractued skull.

The more people get steering dampers, the better, so quit bastardizing this guy's thread when he's offering such good advice.

· Registered
1,141 Posts
firefighter81 said:
And, pardon my ignorance, but what is a "high chair?" :confused:
That's when you sit on the tank with your legs over the front of the bike and wheelie.

Read the last 5 lines that I edited into my last post...
People are going to wheelie no matter what you say, and this guy is giving good advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.