Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a buddy call me this evening and asked if I know anyone with any GPS software that work over in germany (he planning a trip through the Alps on a rental bike) ? I said I don't but let me ask the boys and girls and see what we can come up with, anyone out there able to help out my buddy. PM me if you like.

Thanks ...

PS. forgot to mention since he is only planning to use it a week he is looking for something real cheap :lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was just reading an article in a magazine about a guy that was riding a cycle in Russia i think and had a GPS with. I'll look back at the article and see if it says anyting about were he got maps for overseas. I know when I was looking for my GPS most of them only come with maps for North America.

·
Registered
202 Posts
oops

·
Registered
88 Posts
You don´t say what kind of GPS he has.
But I am using Tom Tom 5 on my ipaq here in denmark, and it has maps for most of the european countries.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oelhunden said:
You don´t say what kind of GPS he has.
But I am using Tom Tom 5 on my ipaq here in denmark, and it has maps for most of the european countries.
Ops my bad he said it was a Garmin unit that he can load most all GPS software, not 100% sure what model number unit, I think he said like 3600 series or soemthing like that. So is this Tom Tom 5 just a software thing ? and how well does it work ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tom Tom 5 is software for the Pocket PC OS, fx Ipaqs, Dell pda´s etc.
I dont think they make it for the garmin.

·
Squidtastical
349 Posts
Magellan puts out a world map for their units that has detailed roads and points of interst worldwide. I was cheap and just got the US version. The world map was about $80 I think. You need to buy a Magellan that accepts the MAPSEND software and look for it online.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well,
GPS is a huge field.
The FZ6 looks quite good with it

That the Garmin on a FZ6

but which system?

In europe many systems are available and the most common are:

TomTom Go
Garmin
Medion

They work with different sources but in the end you should be able to
get the data information, for e.g. Austria from the developer.

More information on:
http://www.bikernavi.de/BikerNavi_de_das_Forum_fur_Nav/bikernavi_de_das_forum_fur_nav.html
Sorry, the site is in german but if you contact them they should be able to answer in english.

CU

gerd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts