Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just adopted Hattie, a georgous lab/hound mix, from a local rescue group. She just went to our vet for the final checkup and has a good bill of health. Only a bit of residual hookworm that escaped her last treatment. Big (95lb), 2 years old, sweet and fit right in when we got her home last night. I have not had a dog in the last few years since our last lab passed and am excited to have found her. Had to tell somebody so I figured I would just tell everybody.

Attachments

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
My labs cooler than your lab...

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Props to you for getting a dog from a rescue group! Wish more people did that!

Nice looking dog! Is it potty trained? Does it know any commands? Does it seem smart?

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Shelters are the way to go. I will never buy an animal when there are hords of cats and dogs waiting to be adopted at shelters.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Congrats, great choice in dogs too...my buddy has a chocolate lab, she's too funny.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
beautiful looking dog there.

·
Banned
730 Posts
IMO, animals brought home from the pound or rescued know they've been saved. Not that bought or non-rescued animals don't love their owners, but I think there's something extra going on otherwise. As was posted above, you made a friend for life.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
congrats on both getting and saving a dog!!!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Cool Dog! And even cooler that you rescued from a shelter! :dblthumb

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Looks like a good dog. I have a big black lab too. He is actually a Chesapeake Bay Retriever mix. (mom was Chesapeake and the dad is ????) Anyway, he just hit 6 months and wieghs 70lbs so I have no doubt he will be well over 120lbs.

He fits in good with my Choc. Lab and the Pitbull.

Good job on saving the life of that girl. All three of mine came from the shelters.

·
I am very sensitive.
979 Posts
Congrats on the new dog, she is lovely and it is really great you got her from a rescue group.

Wishing you two many happy years together.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
w00t !! I got a Blonde Lab shes a freakin trip! Non stop source of entertainment. Terrorizes the Korean neighbors, digs up there rose garden at least 2x a week :eek:nfloor

When I let her out at night she pauses by the door looks to there house then to me and back a few times. All I need is even twitch in there direction and voroom shes off at max speed does a hotlap of there house then gets down to serious excavating!! :eek:nfloor

They put actual FISHEADS in the dam thing and it makes her think theres sumtin there I guess... She sure likes them though. Comes home all stinky! The neighbors are scared to death of her! LMAO Labs wouldnt hurt a flea :D they doan know that I guess...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts