Sport Bikes banner
141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
You think you have funky roads back home, all we have around here are traffic circles and cloverleafs...every other road is pratically straight. I wanna go back to Arkansas.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
You think you have funky roads back home, all we have around here are traffic circles and cloverleafs...every other road is pratically straight. I wanna go back to Arkansas.
Oh there are some curvy roads here in south eastern Indiana and Northern Kentucky, just nothing that can really compare to the roads in the Smokey Mountains.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oh there are some curvy roads here in south eastern Indiana and Northern Kentucky, just nothing that can really compare to the roads in the Smokey Mountains.
The only roads that are worth going to here in Texs are in the Hill Country which are about 250 miles away from my house.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Good pics, and glad you guys had a good time. My big plans for next year are a trip completely around Lake Erie. There is a 'North Coast Trail' road that you can take on the south side. The North side will take me into Canada.

Since I moved I am like 1.5 hours from Toledo, OH.

With the 3+ Bike trailer, if we do a West trip we can skip the flatlands and trailer out to the interesting stuff.

We all should plan to do the Moonshine Lunch Run again, just to ride some of the Midwestern States. That is pretty close to you and Phil.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Good pics, and glad you guys had a good time. My big plans for next year are a trip completely around Lake Erie. There is a 'North Coast Trail' road that you can take on the south side. The North side will take me into Canada.

Since I moved I am like 1.5 hours from Toledo, OH.

With the 3+ Bike trailer, if we do a West trip we can skip the flatlands and trailer out to the interesting stuff.

We all should plan to do the Moonshine Lunch Run again, just to ride some of the Midwestern States. That is pretty close to you and Phil.
Thanks man, wish you could have joined us. The weather was awesome compared to our attempt in 2009. I'm game for the ride north around Lake Erie and into Canada. What time of year do you think would be best for this trip? I guess I better start working on my passport too.

Something like this?

Lake Erie Looper [Motorcycle Route] at MotoWhere.com

Post #14 has some interesting and helpful info.

Lake Erie circle tour? - Ride Routes and Reports - Ohio Riders Motorcycle Forum

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Merry Christmas to everyone in the ZZR600 forum.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Received an email from SENA for the 5.0 firmware update which included universal Bluetooth connectivity with other NON-SENA units.

Changes made from version 4.3 to 5.0

*Universal Intercom: You can have an intercom conversation with non-SENA Bluetooth headsets using the Universal Intercom™ function.

*Advanced Noise Control™: It is equipped with wind noise suppression and intelligent Noise Gate in the intercom to limit the interference of wind noise and background noise while riding.

*Sidetone: If this feature is enabled, you can hear what you are speaking during an intercom conversation or a phone call.

*Ultra HD Voice Recording for PRISM and Bluetooth Audio Pack

*Minor bug fixes in intercom volume

·
Registered
7 Posts
did a lot of searching on here for places to purchase the factory pro +4 ignition advancer. dennis kirk is discontinued and apparently factory pro cannot be held as a reliable source at the moment??? too late of night to call them anyways. anyone have a clue as to where i can order one?

·
Registered
215 Posts
did a lot of searching on here for places to purchase the factory pro +4 ignition advancer. dennis kirk is discontinued and apparently factory pro cannot be held as a reliable source at the moment??? too late of night to call them anyways. anyone have a clue as to where i can order one?
Muzzys may still have an adjustable advancer.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
2014 New England Tour

Just got back yesterday. We rode a bit over 3000 miles by my guess, and did a ton of States: OH, PA, NY, NH, VT, ME, MA, RI, DE, NJ, WV, MD, CT.

I have yet to see another ZZR touring, so it makes me wonder if I am one of the select few that actually tour on one. After last week's trip, the old girl hit 34k and change on the odo.

I'll get some pics up shortly.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Rayzzr, Your pretty hard core to ride that much distance on such a light bike. Your map indicates you missed Texas which has nice roads in Big Bend and the Texas Hill Country

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Rayzzr, Your pretty hard core to ride that much distance on such a light bike. Your map indicates you missed Texas which has nice roads in Big Bend and the Texas Hill Country
Yep Ray has an iron butt. Ray and I have been riding together since around 2007 if I'm correct.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Yeah, the other two bikes I own would be less comfortable, and I suppose some day I will trade up to a Concours so my wife can ride with me. I do get odd looks when I am on these long tours and people look at what I am riding...mostly from touring riders on Concours, FJs and Voyagers.

For me sometimes it is about the journey, and sometimes about the destinations. I like to take pics of places I have been, but when the weather is bad I just grit my teeth and push through it. There was some of that this trip. Maine and Connecticut were nice. This trip was more about knocking NE States off the map as opposed to actually seeing things. Maine coast made the miles worth the while.

My brother lives in TX, and has a cabin in OH. I figure I will make those two States and a few more along the way by paying him a visit. My next 'big' trip will be a WA to SoCal ride. I have to figure out the logistics of getting a bike out there, or I may fly out and buy one, but then I have the issue of getting it back to OH. I suppose there is always trailering out, but that will take time and money away from the trip...

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
SENA 5.1 version firmware is available!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Anyone still ride these things? Got my baby still, Replaced fuel pump couple years ago.I still see no reason to sell the bike. I have considering buying other motorcycles but I know i would still ride my ZZR600 the most.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts