Sport Bikes banner
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Looking good Chris! Wish I could afford another bike. Maybe next year.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
SENA version 4.2 firmware is available.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I finally got around to downloading the SENA 4.2 firmware tonight.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Once again I had a great trip to the Smokey Mountains. But still having a really hard time trying to figure out why for the 2nd year in a row I have seen 45 to 50 riders get together from the Honda NightHawk Riders Forum at the Kickstand Lodge for a Rally and NO ONE from this forum can even get together with multiple months of notice in advance. I had a really good time with them, They would break up into small groups consisting of a fast groups and a slow groups. Rode with the fast group each day and had an absolute blast. They even had Rally t-shirts made.

I have been putting this ride out on the table since as long as I can remember, with little or no participation. I want you guys to explain to me why this can't happen for the ZZR forum, the sub-forum has the most members with most traffic of all the Kawasaki models on SBN. If you have never ridden in the Smokey Mountains, life is too short to keep putting this off. Dates for next years trip are May 12-19, 2014. Figure something out people, come up with a plan, YOU HAVE A YEAR.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Jay you had too much fun up in them thar Smokies! I plan on going next year. Got the bike back together today except for the chin faring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
07 ZZR600 Pipe to Exhaust Circumference

Hey Guys,

Im currently deployed right now or else i would go outside and measure it myself. But needless to say Im trying to order a Coffman Shorty Exhaust for my 07 babygirl and Coffman needs the pipe circumference. I have looked all over the web and cant find a direct answer to this question. So if any of you fellow ZZR6 riders dont mind helping me out with this that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was looking at a Shorty Exhaust on Ebay a couple of minutes ago. All you have to do is cut a small section of pipe off the stock exhaust and BAM! The add reads: Kawasaki ZZR600 2005-2008 Bolt On Shorty Exhaust $200.00 4 days left

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just got back from a camping trip in the Arkansas Ozarks. I trailerd the bike from Texas to a place called THE HUB which is in northwest corner of Arkansas. Plenty of great roads. The suspension work paid off as the bike was really a lot of fun...quite a transformation from the stock suspension.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Just got back from a camping trip in the Arkansas Ozarks. I trailerd the bike from Texas to a place called THE HUB which is in northwest corner of Arkansas. Plenty of great roads. The suspension work paid off as the bike was really a lot of fun...quite a transformation from the stock suspension.
Glad you had a good trip. The weather for the Blue Ridge Parkway trip last week was great. We rode almost 2000 miles, no trailers on this trip. Here's a few pics from the trip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
More pics......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
New Dragon at Deals Gap, his name is "Rash"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Looks like a fun trip.
It was, Phil and I had a great time riding the entire Blue Ridge Parkway. And then riding some of our favorite roads in the Smokey Mountains. I was on the road on the bike for a week. Got home this past Friday and cleaned the ZZR up on Saturday so I could ride on Sunday, man talk about disappointing roads at home after riding the best for a week straight. :duh2

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
First night we stayed at a KOA campground right off I-64 near Huntington, WV. Never stay there again EVER. Trucks and trains all night long, maybe slept an hour the first night. Tent sites were close to the highway when they should have been on the opposite side of the campground. Night 2 we stayed at a KOA campground near Lynchburg, VA at about mile post 61 on the BRP, very quiet and $3.00 cheaper then the first night, actually slept. Night 3 we rode to mile post 257 and stayed a campground by the name of Raccoon Holler Campground right off the BRP, It was cheaper than the KOA's and in my opinion the nicest. Nice old guy hauled our bundle of firewood from the camp store in his golf cart and even gave us a ride back to our campsite. The pic of the sunrise that I posted was taken at that campground. On day 4 we rode all the way to Cherokee, NC and then to the Kickstand Lodge Motorcycle Campground located in Stecoah, NC on NC28 to spend some time at my second home and see our good friend "Mo", the owner of the KSL.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts