Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Professor!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am rather new to the super sport area of riding, however i am not new to riding at all. Most of my time has been spent on dirtbikes and so i am not sure what is good brands of gear for riding and occasional track days for super sport. The names im used to for dirt bikes are Thor, Fox, Alpinestar and a few others but the only one that seams to transfer over is alpinestar and was wondering if there are any other good riding brands out there...? If so please any info as to what name brands and a link to a website that sells it so i can go look and chose from there thanks!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Boots - Sidi
Leathers - Astars, Vanson, Dainese...depends how much you'll spend
Gloves - Astars
Helmets - Shoei, Arai, HJC if your on a tight budget
Armor - Bohn, Astars, Dainese, they all make good stuff.

basically, it really does come down to "you get what you pay for". But from my experience its not really initial quality or safety or whatever your paying for...most stuff will hold up through an accident. Its more like your paying for how long the stuff will last (one accident, two, etc), and what kinda comfort you'll get.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Basically the more leather and kevlar, the better. :) It does come down to "you get what you pay for", though.

Sliders are also good for parts of you or the bike that might be taking a high speed trip against the asphault.

Mike

·
Registered
360 Posts
I like alpinestar, teckni, and joe rocket leathers and gloves, and like shift600 said arai, and shoei, but I would also add vemar and soumy to the helmet list.

·
The Professor!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys, got myself sidi boots, alpinestar jacket and pants because im looking at doing some track time in the near future

·
Registered
114 Posts
Let me add one more to the helmet list. OGK helmets. These are the best helmets we've ever put on our heads. I used to be loyal to Shoei, and the guys in the shop were mostly all Arai wearers. Now all of us wear OGKs.

So as not to bore everyone with my take on them, if you're interested, here's a review I wrote: http://www.speedwerks.com/ProductReviews/OGKReviewNovember.htm

They are definitely on the more pricey side, but not any more than Shoei or Arai.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts