Sport Bikes banner

801 - 820 of 826 Posts

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
whaddup bitches? This place dead now?
Yup.

I'm back to brewing beer finally, and spend all my time on either the homebrewtalk forum, or for biking matters, my local motorcycle forum. This place, unfortunately, has been left behind by me and pretty much everyone else.

It's too bad, really.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yup.

I'm back to brewing beer finally, and spend all my time on either the homebrewtalk forum, or for biking matters, my local motorcycle forum. This place, unfortunately, has been left behind by me and pretty much everyone else.

It's too bad, really.
damn. this place was fun. Even when it was just the few of us checking in.

home brewing sounds enjoyable, I might have to look into that. I need relatively inexpensive hobbies.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #804
i'm ALIVE!
*everyone else leaves*

Danny, as a man who loves his 4 wheelin, I like that 4runner.

Reactions: dveldt

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
i'm ALIVE!
*everyone else leaves*

Danny, as a man who loves his 4 wheelin, I like that 4runner.
Most fun I've had on 4 wheels in a long time. Just got finished with a snorkel install and all new rear links. Next up is a dual battery system. I've got 2 major camping trips planned for this month, can't wait to get back out in the dirt.

ME TOO!

I'm even walking on my own two feet again!
Sounds like you've healed up well and your beer adventures are going nicely. I start condo hunting in June and then I'll be looking into brewing once I'm settled in and have the space for it.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
chirp chrip chirp.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
hey sexy, how you doin
Busy busy, finally got the SDR plated, put the full akra exhaust on last weekend, planning for a semi-orgamized 1300km run in a few weeks.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #810
I'm finally in trade school.

it's kind of a joke, but I'm doing it. gonna try to get in again for octoberish, and then take year 3 in january.

And somewhere in there, get hired by someone else.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #812
meh, probably long term. we'll see what the next few years hold, if things hold the way they are.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
What in the actual fuck? I would have thought this thread had moved on a looooooooooooooong time ago, and then all of a sudden I'm getting emails because it was bumped.

What's up bitches?

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
How ya been? It's soooooo dead here these days. How are things going with your boy? Did the ex ever straighten her life out? Seems like forever since that drama shitstorm.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
How ya been? It's soooooo dead here these days. How are things going with your boy? Did the ex ever straighten her life out? Seems like forever since that drama shitstorm.
Good man! I'm usually hanging out on Tacoma World or T4R these days. 4runner keeps me busy and out of trouble. I've had full custody just over 2 years. First year was rocky, this last year has been a whole hell of a lot better. He still sees his mom once a week when she feels like it. Still hasn't gotten her shit together though. I actually just nailed her for child support in January but she hasn't worked in almost a year. Until that happens I won't get paid. Otherwise things are good. I miss being on 2 wheels, but I don't miss dealing with traffic. I've been sorely tempted to pick up a 250r for tracking, but I have so many hobbies right now it's just one more expense that I can't have at the moment.

This was a couple weeks ago. The 4runner is mostly an expedition build (dual batteries, solar, fridge) which has been fun, but I'm starting to lean back towards technical and crawling again.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Looks like fun, something you can do with your son. It's a shame he doesn't have much of a relationship with her. As for 2 wheels, with your situation this may be the best at least for the near future.

Good to hear from you, not many of the old crowd around anymore.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
It's a blast. I get the adrenaline rush from doing crazy shit, and he gets to get away from the tv/games and go exploring. Win/win. I'm on IG @Dannys_or_adv and Facebook, but I'm about ready to ditch the FB. I still chat with Predator from time to time there. Had a website for a bit to track the adventures, but lost all my content and I'm in the process of rebuilding it. I've seen more of California in the last two years than I have in the last 30 years. I love it. Death Valley is by far my favorite place right now. I need to plan the next trip out there.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Never did the FB thing, didn't feel the need. I waste too much time on the computer as it is...

Would love to go to Death Valley sometime...and some other places in CA, just couldn't live there.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Glad to hear that things are progressing well with your son, man. That was a rollercoaster back in the day.

I'm way too goddamn busy for my own good. Still riding the Duc SF848 though not as much as I'd like. I'm working fulltime for the WSIB (Ontario's worker compensation board) doing adjudication; also doing a Masters in Health Administration on a part-time basis so I have classes 2-4 times per week. 1/3 of the way done that one...

Also, I get married on July 22nd. So that'll be fun.

I've dived into homebrewing in a big way... doing all grain, I've got a 2-tap kegerator at home now, and really enjoy the whole process (from making to drinking haha). I just kegged 5gal of a Mango Blonde Ale, this weekend I'll be kegging 10gal of an American Pale Ale, and in a couple weeks I'm kegging a funkified Imperial IPA.

After that I need to brew up a couple kegs worth of cream ale for a houseparty, and 30 gallons of beer that we're giving out as wedding favours. Fuck me, I barely have time for video games now...

801 - 820 of 826 Posts