Sport Bikes banner

781 - 800 of 826 Posts

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Looks awesome. What track?

If my ankle hadn't gone and broken itself I was going to be doing a 2-day track weekend at Calabogie... so much for that.

On a plus note, new helmet is being delivered today! Shoei RF1200 Marquez Black Ant. Got it for $385 USD plus tax - a pretty freakin' sweet deal. I'll post pics once it's been received

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Looking good, Mango.

I'm likely going another track weekend in CA next year. Probably Sonoma or Thunderhill. Still want to do the full course at Miller, but I'll need a 1000 cc for that long ass straight.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Very nice. I'm interested in finding out how capable my SF is on the track. I imagine that it'll hold its own, and can guarantee I won't be able to push it to its limits.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
That track was gateway motorsports park. If there was a "hole in the wall" track, it would be that one. Super short (fast guys do 1:10 lap times), pretty tight, pretty dangerous, and not well maintained. But still fun.

I didn't think I could push speedy to the limits but I think I did, kind of. I was dragging pegs on several turns no matter how far I hung off. So I guess that's kinda the lean angle limit for now and it's time to work on braking later and accelerating sooner.

Reactions: Rhetorik

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Stupid freakin' postal service... attempted delivery yesterday at 2pm. Of course, I can only pick it up from the post office (3 minute walk away) this evening. What's that bullshit about... making me wait an extra day to get my damn helmet!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Stupid freakin' postal service... attempted delivery yesterday at 2pm. Of course, I can only pick it up from the post office (3 minute walk away) this evening. What's that bullshit about... making me wait an extra day to get my damn helmet!
whatcha buy? I just ordered a Scorpion EXOR-2000

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Shoei RF1200, Marquez black ant model. Great price - $390 USD+tax.

Going to a CFL football game tonight, won't pick it up until tomorrow...

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Mango, drop your elbow and lean forward. Still have some room to move.

You might be able to get something like daytona rearsets to lift your pegs up. Not sure if they will fit, but they should.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The rf1200 was the other I was looking at. Scorpion won me over for a couple insignificant reasons

The t595/955i rearsets aren't any different if I remember right but I can buy adjustable ones. I just don't want to.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Starter went out :(

Looks like an easy enough fix. Just going to buy a Rick's Motorsport Electric starter and drop 'er in.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
My job's 10-week-trial-by-fire period has now successfully completed. Freakin' brutal past couple weeks - 10 hour days easy every day (i know i know, big whoop for some of ya)

Now I'm just a regular employee that is on probation until mid-March 2016. Still a big step up - if I hadn't met all my numbers by end of day today, I'd have been immediately let go. Couple months and I get my first pay raise too - an additional $4.5k/year. Not bad.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #794
Lots to update.

Remember when I said I was trying to buy a house?
I did.

It was my parents place. They were a couple of weeks short of losing it (some really hard times have always followed my parents), and I said I'd buy it so they didn't lose their home.

So.... until they know what's going on in their lives, they're staying with Miranda and I. It's not ideal, but I am not going to have my parents get fucked over.

No word from anyone about the job(s) in mining I was promised. Which sucks because to be frank I cannot afford the house properly on what I make now. So it's been stressful. I've been doing weekend warrior work every weekend to make extra cash. Miranda has offered to quit school but that's the opposite if what I want. That degree gets her a hood, government job. I cannot dream of that. We need that fucking degree. I'll be broke for now, thanks.

To balance that though,I had an interesting offer. A general contractor I do work for on weekends offered me a condo to build. Me in charge. I'm looking at a plan this weekend. See if I can handle it. If I can, it's a huge pay increase.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Pred, that both sucks and is a great thing to have done. I hope that it all works out and that you can make ends meet. I imagine the stress is none too fun.

On my end, I'm happy to report that I'm wearing an actual PAIR of shoes for the first time in 3.5 months. I had surgery Wednesday to take one of the screws out (bastards wouldn't let me keep it, which is bogus... I guess with budget cuts they'll be re-using it!) and now I can walk etc! I've got a hell of a lot of rehab to go through though.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
'Grats to both of you. Hard work always pays off.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #797
They didn't let you keep the screw?! Wtf?

I kept the nail I shot myself with!

Condo fires up mid January. My current boss laid me off yesterday.
Applying like mad.

Crazy warm winter and no one hiring cause construction is slow. Could be making all kinds of money. Plenty of contractors kicking themselves right now.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #798
Away from Miranda for the first time since we started dating last March. 4 day trip to Winnipeg to see the Jets play the Penguins and Wings. Planned and paid for in the summer.

I'm going insane and it's the first day.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
What's up sluts. Happy new years and all that jazz.

Been just over a year since my accident and I still hurt. I doubt the cold weather we're having is helping, but I'm pretty well over it. Still bikeless, but this 4runner is making up for it quickly. I've probably spent enough on suspension, skids, and sliders to buy a new bike, but it's a whole new adrenaline rush to be sure. Plus my son loves it, and as long as he's got a smile on his face, that's enough for me.

Here's a few from last week.

Video just because.

Away from Miranda for the first time since we started dating last March. 4 day trip to Winnipeg to see the Jets play the Penguins and Wings. Planned and paid for in the summer.

I'm going insane and it's the first day.
Stop being a pussy. :grin:

781 - 800 of 826 Posts