Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 826 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uhhh. . . .since the last one had no real conversation going on. . . beer is good.

Yes.

Beer. It's good.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Damn right it is. I'm enjoying a Racer 5 IPA right now. What are you liking these days?

Hooray beer!

Have you tried Bear Republic's Apex? It's soooo good.

I've been into Belgians as much as possible lately, but tonight I'm having a Dale's Pale Ale. Might go pull a Belgian out of the fridge too though.. haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i ain't the aficionado that you guys are.

my preferences with beer are "dark. if not dark, or if dark anyway, cold"

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
Have you tried Bear Republic's Apex? It's soooo good.

I've been into Belgians as much as possible lately, but tonight I'm having a Dale's Pale Ale. Might go pull a Belgian out of the fridge too though.. haven't decided yet.
AC you would go nuts out here, there are 90 craft brewers JUST in San Diego County, beer nerding is damn near a full time job, I have no less than ten different tasting rooms within 4 miles. On the topic of Belgian, I have one about 3 blocks down the road, they make decent beers all around, but their Belgians are their strong suit.....and they refill growlers (5 beers) for $10.

......I'm not there like every three days or anything, nope.

In other news I broke down an bought a Vanson proPerf MK2 this morning to replace the ratted out Joe Rocket I had been wearing since (no shit) 2002... amazingly zipper mated to may pants so I don't have to buy new pants immediately that was a win.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to get out there.
Grab John, take vacation, call Pashnit and get a couple bikes and I'll meet you. The riding here is AMAZABALLS, I spend about 8-9 hours a week poking around between San Diego Orange Los Angeles counties.

.....I'm taking the week of memorial day off and rolling up to the wine country because why not?

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
That sounds amazing. I rode a little bit out there when Kawasaki brought me out for the Z1000 demo, and I'll never forget it. But I think the next time we go is going to be dedicated to the beer hunt.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I have the spare cash, I am buying a gopro, complete with all mounting and a 500gb hdd, for 100 bucks.

finally.

Reactions: acalliste

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
That sounds amazing. I rode a little bit out there when Kawasaki brought me out for the Z1000 demo, and I'll never forget it. But I think the next time we go is going to be dedicated to the beer hunt.

Ride ride ride ride ride ride BEER ride ride BEER ride ride ride ride BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER sleep.

(repeat) :lgh2

A couple weeks ago I was screwing around between Julian and Temecula, there is a fair few brewers AND wineries .....and by a few about 20. There are tour busses that hit all of the north county wineries. BUT if you can control yourself, Palomar Mountain is also between those two towns. Damn shame that.

When I have the spare cash, I am buying a gopro, complete with all mounting and a 500gb hdd, for 100 bucks.

finally.
Whom are you fucking to get that price, I can seem to find one under 400.....and that is without the 200 more dollar for accessories and crap. Then I thought about it, there is a fair bit if illegal going on in my day to day riding...WTH do I need a need to record this for.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
:giggle :beer

A couple weeks ago I was screwing around between Julian and Temecula, there is a fair few brewers AND wineries .....and by a few about 20. There are tour busses that hit all of the north county wineries. BUT if you can control yourself, Palomar Mountain is also between those two towns. Damn shame that.

NO. These two hobbies do not mix, ever. They don't even know each other.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Remember the movie "The Purge"? It's going on for real in Louisville right now, it's crazy.

So far (in the 10 minutes I've listened on the scanner), is 5 black males shooting assault rifles in the street, and a homicide on Arcade Ave. Add a handicapped woman in a wheelchair runover by a car. Drunk guy just raped a cat, another stole some beer and pickles. LOL

·
Registered
110 Posts
Remember the movie "The Purge"? It's going on for real in Louisville right now, it's crazy.

So far (in the 10 minutes I've listened on the scanner), is 5 black males shooting assault rifles in the street, and a homicide on Arcade Ave. Add a handicapped woman in a wheelchair runover by a car.
I kept hearing all that was a rumour. I would have my rifle out and loaded just incase. :)

I'm drinking Beck's limited edition pack. Honestly not that great. Apparently its not made in germany any more :(

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Whom are you fucking to get that price, I can seem to find one under 400.....and that is without the 200 more dollar for accessories and crap. Then I thought about it, there is a fair bit if illegal going on in my day to day riding...WTH do I need a need to record this for.
simple. I did axle seals on my brother-in-laws truck. He bought the gopro and proceeded to use it. . .twice. Just didn't see the need for it.

So, I am getting all of his stuff for a wicked deal cause I pulled apart drum brakes and pounded in a couple of seals. :D

Speaking of trucks, mine finally lives again! All front gaskets replaced, injectors rebuilt (my own desire, it did not need it, they are good for oem power up to +40hp with fueling adjustments), coolant flush, oil change, fuel heater delete, new lift pump (modified for heater delete) and. . .shjit I think that's it.

Next is a 300hp clutch, a transmission rebuild (sittin there waitin for me), a boost controller (from 17 to 32psi baby), some timing advance. . . .and at that point I should be sitting at about that 250rwhp mark. and I own everything but the clutch right now. :D

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I miss the Alaskan Amber Goalee takes for granted

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
I found out the owner sold my neigborhood bar last night.

FUCKING BOO that means I have to deal with all of the friggin hipsters on restaurant row.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Well since I need to be subbed on this anyhow...

Almost had shit handled with the ex, until lawyer fees came into play. She wants more than I'm willing to give her so it's a stalemate again. We have less than a week to come to a conclusion otherwise we go to trial where she's going to back out of our schooling deal. I'm calling her bluff, she doesn't have the money nor can she get the money to go to trial, I do and I don't fucking care if it's a gamble to go in front of the judge.

My lease is up in December, I'm definitely moving back to my mom's house. I have a two year goal to pay off all debt, save up 10k for a down payment, and get a condo. I'm looking forward to the financial freedom, but I'm not looking forward to losing the independence I've enjoyed the last couple years. I really needed it for a growing experience, and if I had done it right off the bat when the ex and I split I wouldn't have to do this now. It is what it is.

Also Pred, come January I'll be sending you a care package, plus interest. It was supposed to be a two month thing, that's turned into a year long ordeal and I apologize for that. I don't think you'll be disappointed and there's no talking me out of it so just take it and like it when you get it.

and BEEEEEEEEEEEER. I've been on and off a stone IPA kick. I picked up some 24 pack multi thing and it had some tasty ones in there.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
The best Stone I've had lately is Ruinten. I'm sure the latest Enjoy By is awesome, but I can't find it anywhere. :sad

1 - 20 of 826 Posts