Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been scanning the forums a lot lately and find that a lot of women are riding litre bikes or SS 600s. My question is, why are people so quick to jump on a guy for having a bike like this as there first bike, when women do the same thing but never catch a lick of shit? Not trying to start a fight just curious why certain members feel the phrase I told you so, coming over to a guys thread way before a girls thread?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Some guys are prob. trying to get laid so they don't say anything.. I guess.. But also a lot of the girls that I see also have quite a bit of riding exp.
I think getting a 600 is fine as long as you're mature and respect the bike... and maybe taking a riders course to learn the basics...

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Because they want to get laid?? :dunno

The ladys who do ride the liter bikes and 600cc majority of the time have started on 250's or 500's and work their way up. Every girl that I know personally and rides has started on a 250 or 500. And now alot of them could smoke alot guys on the track.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Rascus said:
And now alot of them could smoke alot guys on the track.
i know some girls that are fast on the track...no match for me on my 250 though! but damn, they impressed me.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
okay, now a woman's point of view, I started small (250) and worked my way up. Did I catch shit when I got the R1? you bet I did, from a lot of folks. As a matter of fact, I didn't tell people for a long time that I had a R1, I would just show up and ride. But, I would also bet a lot of people will chime and say something to the fact that typically (not always) are more cautous by nature and are safer in general. Not to bash on the guys, but a lot of time, guys will get a SS for their first bike, and they like, get overrun w/testosterone (sp?) or something. Not to say I haven't crashed, I have and I crashed big. Why? B/c I squided out. I will flatout admit it. But since I have crashed, I have also relearned my bike and my limits, but that isn't to say I don't push them...I do frequently. And I got to the track alot as well. When I first started riding, I wanted to be one of the fast guys, now, to a lot of noob's I AM one of the fast guys and I still don't feel like I have experience (although I do), I still have alot to learn and still feel like a noob. Maybe that is why women don't get as many 'I told you so's' I don't know.

That is the way it seems around here, but on the other hand, I have only seen 2 other girls besides me on liter bikes too.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Here's my worthless 2 cents...

Women tend to crash less on the b***** bikes for one reason...They don't let their egos do their riding...Most men do...The ego pushes past the riders ability and next thing you know, boom, a crumpled bike...Women rarely do that from what I've seen...

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
L8 Braker said:
Here's my worthless 2 cents...

Women tend to crash less on the b***** bikes for one reason...They don't let their egos do their riding...Most men do...The ego pushes past the riders ability and next thing you know, boom, a crumpled bike...Women rarely do that from what I've seen...
+1. It's true....when I started riding with a group and getting used to my 600, I didn't mind being last, whereas the guys who were also getting used to their 600's or whatever would try their damndest to stay up with the pack. Maybe it's the male's natural urge to be competitive when amongst other males...I dunno... Personally, I like living and don't care for road rash if I can avoid it.

Yeah, I started small too on a Gixxer 400RR (eventually raced it in Japan), went to a Virago 250, then hopped on the 600 I now have. Sure, every now and then I feel frisky and do things I shouldn't on the 600, but it's on my own time and away from the general population, so overall, I'm a pretty safe driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts