Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of my seat with the Gel pads inserted.

It was done by http://www.americanasoftseats.com/PayPAL.htm

They cut out the original foam and insert the gel pads, followed by a 1/4 of foam over the entire seat.

The seat is far better than stock. Will know more after my trip the the hills this weekend.

They are running a special, doing both seats for $129.

Attachments

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
id like to know how it feels keep us informed

·
Registered
360 Posts
I couldn't find anything like that, and I looked!

let me know what you think, while leaning off, or jammin' side/side switches. I'm regretting the $90 shipped for my butt buffer after looking at how sweet yours looks!

It looks as if they even built you up a lil' rim for the driver/ passenger transition?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check their web site out to better understand how they do the inserts.

There is no adverse affects to "jamming side to side" or leaning off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry if someone already asked this question but how long did they have your seat? I read thru parts of their site and it looks like they do good work. I'm interested, but I dunno if i can go without riding my bike for too long while they're working on my seat

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
xantri said:
Sorry if someone already asked this question but how long did they have your seat? I read thru parts of their site and it looks like they do good work. I'm interested, but I dunno if i can go without riding my bike for too long while they're working on my seat
You could always buy an extra seat on ebay and have them modify it. Then you wouldn't have to go without a seat at all.

·
Registered
205 Posts
freeky929 said:
You could always buy an extra seat on ebay and have them modify it. Then you wouldn't have to go without a seat at all.

It is hard enough to find new parts for this bike, let alone used.

It will be sometime before a used seat becomes available for this model.

Skippy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called and talked to the owner before sending my seat. He says they are slow right know, nobody wants to give their seat up in the summer.

I put mine on the UPS truck Tuesday and he recieved it Thursday. (VA to NJ)

He mailed it back the same Saturday and I had it back Monday.

I think the service was great, less than a week total.

He is also great about replying to e-mails the same day you send them.
He sent me one Thursday letting me know that he had my seat, another one Friday letting me know he had it finished. And one Saturday that it had shipped along with a tracking #.

Very smooth, no hassle process. :)

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Looks really nice!! I might just ship mine to them as well. I was looking into some local places.

How much though does it cost to actually ship the seat to them??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cost me less than 10 bucks to ship UPS. But of course that will very with distance.

I put over 600 miles on the bike Saturday and Sunday. Went ot Elkins West Virginia.
Rode route 250 from Richmond to Elkins, and came back on Route 33.

The seat did way better than stock, but it is not the cure all that I had hoped.

Still got numb but, but it took over two hours to set in. The ride from home to the hills is about 4 hours for me.

Of course, after getting into the hills numb butt is a non issue with all the moving around on the bike.

Overall I am very pleased with the seat, for 99% percent of my riding; to work and local weekend stuff it is great.

I don't think there is a cure-all for the FZ6. The riding position puts so much weight on your ass, it's gonna get sore on 300 mile trips.

I rode my cousins R-1 some on the trip. I think a gel seat on that would be perfect, with all the weight on your arms, there is very little on your ass. Of, course your arms hurt like hell.

I'll take the overall comfort of the FZ anytime. We rode srtaight through coming home this morning (trying to stay ahead of the rain, didn't work) and my arms, back, and neck were great, no pain at all.

·
Registered
193 Posts
seat

I might do this mod, but I will say the handlebar swap I did fir the LSL bars helped take quite a bit of weight off my lower back and but and did not get anywhere near the R6 position. All in all it is much better than stock. I feel this plus the gel in the seat might do the trick

·
Registered
38 Posts
Conehead said:
I don't think there is a cure-all for the FZ6. The riding position puts so much weight on your ass, it's gonna get sore on 300 mile trips.
Yeah, I agree. This is my first bike with this type of upright riding position and even after a 100 mile trip you can feel the numbness kick in. I do hope Corbin comes through. Thanks for the review.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts