Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you thinking about changing up your gearing, here's some interesting reading to help you get where you're going, quicker!
Free Power
Gearing for Speed
This pic is informative but hard to read. Copy save as and enlarge if you need to. (Chart link provided by Bdog1v1 :cheers )

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good find! On my 03 gsxr600 I went down one size in the front and up three sizes in the back, and added an EK chain. It made a WORLD of difference!! Probably lost some top end, but I still got it up to 176mph (eventhough the speedo is off when sprockets are changed). But the main thing was how fast the RPMS went up through. Shifting was so much faster ...1-6 gear took hardly anytime at all. Made the bike really fun.

·
Registered
592 Posts
2002silverex said:
Good find! On my 03 gsxr600 I went down one size in the front and up three sizes in the back, and added an EK chain. It made a WORLD of difference!! Probably lost some top end, but I still got it up to 176mph (eventhough the speedo is off when sprockets are changed). But the main thing was how fast the RPMS went up through. Shifting was so much faster ...1-6 gear took hardly anytime at all. Made the bike really fun.
176 mph? Funny, my bike is the same year and model with a few mods inlcuding 520 chain conversion kit etc and I don't even come close to that number.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
TOPGUN$%^: said:
176 mph? Funny, my bike is the same year and model with a few mods inlcuding 520 chain conversion kit etc and I don't even come close to that number.
Did you put a Time retard on it to rmove the limiter?

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:eek:nfloor :lao
It sure is going to be a lot quicker with that gearing! But not faster. No way it will see anywhere near 176mph! Maybe 136mph.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
jk750 said:
:eek:nfloor :lao
It sure is going to be a lot quicker with that gearing! But not faster. No way it will see anywhere near 176mph! Maybe 136mph.
He was going down hill dude

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey JK750, That is the post I made in the race thread (the chart), it is a sticky there, I did it sometime last year.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used that chart, but the rest I put together myself. I will attribute the chart to your post. Thanks! :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts