Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new here :)

I am looking for a leather suit, are there any stores in or nearby Des Moines where I could get one?

Preferrably brands like Alpinestars, Arlen Ness or Spyke :headbang
This is what people has recommended me to buy, but if you have anything else to suggest I would appreciate it!!

Thanks!
 

·
Cheshire Cat
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Struthers will be more than happy to sell you an Icon jacket for $400.

I reccomend you take a look around motorcyclecloseouts.com and motoxoutlet.com before, though.

I bought a Firstgear X-tech jacket from motorcyclecloseouts.com, and I am very happy with it. That's my $.02. Good luck with finding your stuff.

Are you still in Sweden or already in the DSM?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rusaccord said:
Struthers will be more than happy to sell you an Icon jacket for $400.

I reccomend you take a look around motorcyclecloseouts.com and motoxoutlet.com before, though.

I bought a Firstgear X-tech jacket from motorcyclecloseouts.com, and I am very happy with it. That's my $.02. Good luck with finding your stuff.

Are you still in Sweden or already in the DSM?
I will check that out! Thanks!

I am still in sweden, but I will be in DSM in a couple of weeks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Gear

I concur with Wraith, new enough is a great place, I picked up an Icon Daytona fjacket for $100 less than what Struthers wanted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Try Neds cycle in the tiny town of Riverside.I got my Vanson jacket their and the price was way better than any site on the net.That includes New Enough to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
HOGSLAYER said:
Try Neds cycle in the tiny town of Riverside.I got my Vanson jacket their and the price was way better than any site on the net.That includes New Enough to.
Do they have a very large selection?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Moto Rider (14th and Army Post) sells Teknic, if you're interested in that. They might be a little higher on price than the online stores, but they'll let you try the stuff on, and they'll work with you on the price. They are also a lot nicer to deal with than the a*holes at Struthers. (I hate that place... :D )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
They might be a little higher on price than the online stores, but they'll let you try the stuff on, and they'll work with you on the price. They are also a lot nicer to deal with than the a*holes at Struthers. (I hate that place... )
I repsectfully concur. :headbang

Void: whatcha riding these days? I rode with Randy (he has a 1998 TLS that he mostly races) and said he knew you. I apparently scared the hell out of him on a Pella run. We also did a nice top speed run and he was amazed at how I pulled away so hard.... :cry We swapped bikes for a bit like you and I did with the TLR and Busa and we had a good time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Crankshaft said:
Do they have a very large selection?
No they dont.They will measure you for the jacket and order it for you.They pay for the shipping as do most dealers when you order something and if it doesnt fit right or something you dont have to buy it.These are very trustworthy people and I will definately do more business with them in the future.This dealership has been in business for something like thirty five years.Neds used to sell Bsas back in the day along with Bmw.They only sell Moto Guzzis now.This is an old school dealership that gives you free soda and popcorn when you walk in and they even have a parkbench outside for socializing with the other riders that show up.This is a very laid back atmosphere they provide there is no pressure to sell you something and they provide awesome conversation.This dealership is by far the best I have ever been to.The way I see things dealerships like Struthers Sisters (no afense ladies) and most but not all of the other dealers in Iowa have alot to learn to be highly regarded like Neds in Riverside.I buy the dealership as much as I buy the machine. If you have the machine I want but I dont like you Ill walk away and try filling my void somewhere else or with something else.Check Neds out its worth the drive.Now only if I could love a Moto Guzzi everything would be perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
scotty said:
I repsectfully concur. :headbang

Void: whatcha riding these days? I rode with Randy (he has a 1998 TLS that he mostly races) and said he knew you. I apparently scared the hell out of him on a Pella run. We also did a nice top speed run and he was amazed at how I pulled away so hard.... :cry We swapped bikes for a bit like you and I did with the TLR and Busa and we had a good time.
I have a silver F4i for the moment, got a good deal on it. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it or not though. If I could find someone to trade me a TL straight up (even a year or two older) I'd do it in a second. :D

Yeah I rode with Randy a few times, hes a nice guy. That TLS he has is pretty sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
TheWraith said:
Aaaahhhh, the faster F4i colors!

:lol
Well it wasn't by choice, but I'm getting use to it :twofinger

I prefer Suzuki blue/white, or yellow, but its better than no bike at all, anyway. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Was that your friends F4 that we rode with a couple of times? If I recasll I accidentally downshifted th Hayabusa on that ride and hit about 2-3K rpm higher than rideline and it shut down on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
scotty said:
Was that your friends F4 that we rode with a couple of times? If I recasll I accidentally downshifted th Hayabusa on that ride and hit about 2-3K rpm higher than rideline and it shut down on me.
:lol :lol
I remember that. Had to like take the key out and let it set for a few minutes before it would start again or something?

Yeah, its that bike.
 

·
I sell and install tires!
Joined
·
156 Posts
Hogslayer, on top of Ned's being a great play to do business, Jimmy has a hot daughter. I dated her for a while. The only down side is every time we would go riding, she would say "It's just not a Guzzi."
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top