Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moto GP Ladies GP Textile Motorcycle Overpants :: New Enough, LTD

I got these on closeout at newenough for my girlfriend for $16.99, they were originally $190. Just wondering if anyone else had these pants and if they have any comments on them.

Also I was looking around for a leather jacker for her (perf'd if possible.) I wanted her to get matching gear with me but she refused and wanted to get all PINK gear. What a girl.... Anyway, any of you know any good leather jackets that are available in pink priced around $100-$150?

Just ordered some pink gloves and about to order this pink KBC helmet from another site for $68. What size helmet do you girls usually wear and what brand?

KBC Force S Sport Touring Full Face Helmet - Dynamo Pink/Black - KneeDraggers.com

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Looks like you got the last pair of pants, b/c they are sold out. :lao I haven't worn those, but they look pretty nice. And for 16.99 I really don't see how you could go wrong.

As far as helmets, it's really best to try on a helmet to make sure it will fit properly. Different brands and even different models within brands are going to fit differently, even if they say they are the same size. So, you have to try on a few different brands/models and see which one will fit best.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I will have to look around and find that helmet in a store. I just asked about sizing and all because it seems there are so many XS, S, and M helmets out there and we measured her head and it showed up that she would fit a large KBC. This means her head is just a tad smaller than mine, which seems weird since she's 5'0 and I am 5'10. Maybe its the hair?

I guess we will just have to go to a store and try on that model or some other KBC's.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Good plan.

I wear a small in an Arai. The great thing about Arai, BTW, is you can get different sized cheekpads (they are removable) to customize the fit even more. Another great thing about Arai, and I think Shoei as well is that the actual shells are different sizes, whereas with cheaper brands the shells are all the same size (huge) and they create different sizes with the inner linings.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
wow, wish I would've seen that earlier..

I had the firstgear textile overpants and those held up pretty good.. Even in a crash. I wish I would've had knee armour though, the cotton padding saved most of my skin, but I still had rash on both knees. All other body parts came out unscratched.. :)

I know ICON has a lot of pink stuff. I believe you can find them at chapparalmotorsports.com try their closeouts tab..

30 Womens Leather Motorcycle Jacket in stock at discount prices, including the River Road, First Manufacturing Womens Race Jacket, Womens Hourglass Jacket, Womens Chaps.

I did a lot of searching when I first was trying to find gear and these were some sites that I found.

·
The Fuzz
5,975 Posts
I have those MotoGP pants. They are sized rather oddly. I normally wear a size 6 jeans and stuff. I ended up with a 10 to wear with leggings or whatever and a 12 so that I could wear the liner in cold weather. Very odd. Does she have riding boots? Realize that they are designed to go inside a riding boot. They are nice overpants though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that jacket link, I will show her. I am not sure if the pants will fit or not. She normally wears a size 2 and I bought her a size 4 overpant (that is all they had) so if they don't fit I may have to return them.

She doesn't have boots yet, she rides passenger so we are buying things one at a time since she doesn't ride that often. I just can't stand the thought of me being in full gear and her not!

·
The Fuzz
5,975 Posts
Thanks for that jacket link, I will show her. I am not sure if the pants will fit or not. She normally wears a size 2 and I bought her a size 4 overpant (that is all they had) so if they don't fit I may have to return them.

She doesn't have boots yet, she rides passenger so we are buying things one at a time since she doesn't ride that often. I just can't stand the thought of me being in full gear and her not!
She'll probably be good with the size 4. I had to go up in size for them to fit.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was actually looking for a leather jacket similar to mine (MotoGP Apex Leather Jacket) but the textile one may have to do for now. Any of you ladies have any experience with this jacket, textile, or Teknic jackets?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I had a textile Suzuki jacket that I absolutely loved. It had all the armour I needed and also did it's job in my crash.

It was shredded by the end of it, but I didn't have one scratch on me.. :)

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I've had two Teknic leather suits that I absolutely love(d). I wore one frequently for about a year and a half, then sold it still in great condition. I haven't tried any of their mesh or textile gear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts